“Very Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Every single member of staff I encountered greeted me with a smile! Whether it was the general manager Marcos Perez working at the front desk, other front desk staff, breakfast staff, and housekeepers, everybody was so personable and friendly. I would absolutely stay with them again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer P

Reviewed 4 November 2011

I travel a lot for work, so instead of going home each weekend, I have my company pay for my hotel stays in different places. Only catch is I have to stay in approved hotels. I was so disappointed in this hotel (in terms of suitability for work) that I suggested my employer drop the hotel from the list. The construction on Cerillos is so bad, it ruins your time getting in, out and around the area. Next door to the hotel is the quintessential sketchy strip mall -- complete with a liquor store with bars on the window and the cashier behind bullet proof glass. I don't know what my employer was thinking making this the only approved Hilton property in the greater SF area.

I couldn't get a "mountain view" room (which is no big deal), but looking at the trailer park next door was not a close approximation. The standard Hampton Inn breakfast was fine, and the staff was pleasant. I was given a nice tour guide booklet about the area at check in and the person at the front desk was kind enough to dogear the best attractions and restaurants. Unfortunately, the nicest smile can never take away from the bullet proof vest I'm guessing she had behind the desk.

Standard Hampton Inn, with fine service and fine breakfast, but just in a horrible area.

Room Tip: After you check in, try to figure out where to park so you can see your car.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EasternPA2
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for comments on our staff and amenities. We take pride in making sure our hotel is in top shape and that our guests are 100% happy. I'm happy to update that construction enhancements on Cerrillos Road are almost complete and no longer an issue. I apologize that the location was not to your satisfaction, however, most guests do not have issues with the location, guests rather comment on the convenience of our hotel to all that Santa Fe offers. As we are on Cerrillos Road, we are close to many of Santa Fe's finest restaurants. We do have standard hotel security for the safety of our guests and we have good relations with our neighbors. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Hotels as your lodging of choice, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I needed a cheap getaway and won this room with a priceline bid for a fantastic price. I knew I wasn't going to be right downtown or at a fancy boutique hotel but was extremely nervous after reading numerous online reviews that bashed this hotel.

I was prepared for the worst when I showed up and was pleasantly surprised to find this is a well maintained hotel with a very pleasant and helpful staff. Honestly I couldn't find one thing to complain about the entire 3 days we were there !!

The entrance to our room was very dimly lit but there is plenty of other lights in the room beyond the intial entrance hallway. The room was in fantastic condition with newer fluffy pillows, downy comforters, a flat screen TV, fridge and most important a comfy bed. The continental breakfast was fresh and a perfect start to the day. Waffles, omelets, home fries, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee, juices and milk. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained.

The location was an easy 5 minute drive to Downtown Santa Fe and we had plenty of fast food and other authentic mexican restaurants nearby (try Adelitas 2 blocks away - YUM!). The famous Jackelope store is also a 2 minute drive.

If you want to be within walking distance of downtown this isn't the location for you but you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Msslaydbug
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you for your compliments on our Hotel and our Staff! We are delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. We have a great team that values every customer staying with us, we want every guest to feel like at home. Our main goal is our guest's satisfaction! Please come visit us next time you are in Santa Fe, we are pleased to have you at our Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Once again thank you for the review.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this inn for five continuous nights. We have always found Hampton Inn’s to be in the upper range of quality, comfort, and overall condition however, this inn lacked the level of quality we expect from Hampton. Our room was fairly small, lacking updated electrical outlets by the bed for modern electronics like cell phones and personal computers, a large 3-4 foot gash in the ceiling in disrepair, electrical outlets that wouldn't stay in place with the the standard 2-prong plug in appliances, and outlets behind the TV maxed out with nowhere to pulg in the provided coffee maker. Additionally when entering the room corridors, the smell of cigarette smoke was very evident, even near non-smoking rooms. Our shower head had to be replaced the first day because it leaked down the shower wall and wouldn’t work properly. It is evident that this property is probably a refurbished hotel that became a Hampton Inn. Pluses were the new flat screen TV's, fairly decent beds, and housekeeping services. Management didn't seem to be too concerned about these problems and offered nothing in the way of a price adjustment except fo a $20 credit for the second night when I complained. For the price we paid, I would really have to think strongly about staying at this Hampton Inn again. We will also think twice about staying at a "just average" Hampton Inn on our next vacation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Redwood8

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by me and shared with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hampton Inn Santa Fe.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

This facility is aging a bit (you can smell cigarrette smoke in the room corridors) but is well maintained. I would be nit-picking if I said the plumbing was a bit troublesome in the bathroom but I guess something must be said of a Hampton Inn property that is less than perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank acgardiner
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We enjoyed staying at this hotel.
Our room was excellent; totally updated.
High vanity in bathroom with granite countertop.

I wasn't pleased with the dim lighting by the
beds; not at all adequate for reading.
And the linens could be replaced.
I'm beginning to think this is the case with many
Hamptons. We're finding that we often have
these 2 complaints: bad lighting to read by;
and worn out bed & bath linens.

Staying closer to the Plaza area would be a much
better location for sightseeing, but the cost would
be higher.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ELBAC
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were passing through on our way to Colorado & stayed here. Th eFront Desk team was wonderful to us and t o every guest that walk through the door. They Recamended a greta little mexican restaurant for us to grab dinner. Would definately stay here again. I love staying in a hotel that has staff that truely enjoys what they do !

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor - it was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank WhamoTravel
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Thank you for the excellent review, we are so excited that you had such a great experience with us at the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We have a great professional team that values every customer at the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. I am glad to hear that you had that wonderful experience. Our main priorty is our guest satisfaction! Please let us know next time you are in Santa Fe, we would like your next stay in Santa Fe to be a perfect stay from start to finish!