“Super 8-ish Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 28 December 2011

It is more like a super 8 with a Hampton bed in it.

Small, out of date, broken light switch, light bulbs are 2 different colors, HVAC automatically pumps cold air in to room in 10 second random blasts if it is not actively heating. Heating 'auto' is broken so it is heat always on or always off.

Desk staff never even acknowledged me, not even a 'merry Christmas' on Christmas morning, they did like to tal to each other though.

Breakfast was bad, tator tots, limp cheese bagel things with no staff looking after it so it was lacking half the stuff that should have been there.

The cleaning ladies were very nice, the rooms clean, the bed comfortable.

I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and seek them out, this was the worst one I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Thank you for your compliments on our housekeeping staff, we pride ourselves in friendly service. However, I do apologize about the desk staff not being up to our standards. We are reviewing the procedures taking the necessary steps so that this kind of incident will not happen again. About the HVAC we have checked them all and set them up to the right setting so that auto will be working. Once again, we apologize for the bad experience but I would like to emphasize that we are grateful for your business and hopefully you can continue using our Hilton Hotels as your preference of lodging.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Santa Fe

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Not a great location on a busy road into Santa Fe. All the larger rooms seem to be on the hotel front and our room 204 overlooked the lobby roof so no view at all. Poor room layout with coffee making not in bathroom but above the cupboard and previous spills had affected the draws below. Carpet needed a clean. The washing area was in the bathroom offering privacy unlike some Hampton Hotels with the washing area in the main room.
We experienced a lot of door closing noise on the first night and from ice Machine use - so not a great stay and no plans to return – other and newer hotels nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank youngfletch

I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We do have many loyal guests who feel our location is ideal for easy access to all of Santa Fe's attractions. Thank you for pointing out the issues in the room and we have rectified the cleanliness issues. Hopefully, you can give us another chance, we really appreciate your review.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I travel on business frequently and stay at Hampton Inn whenever I can. This Hampton Inn is very much in line with other Hampton Inn properties. The hotel itself seems kind of "spread out", but it isn't hard to find the room once you get the lay of the land. The rooms were clean and nice. The breakfast area is good and was kept stocked. The staff is great and had helpful suggestions for where to eat. The location is great, as it is right on a major street, but the trees out front make the hotel signage hard to see. I missed the hotel the first time I went by it. Overall a great place to stay, and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Sc00terT
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for your compliments on our friendly staff and amenities. We are happy that you had such a good experience. I do want to apologize for those trees and are looking for solutions to make the hotel more visible but also saving the trees. Once again, thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Every single member of staff I encountered greeted me with a smile! Whether it was the general manager Marcos Perez working at the front desk, other front desk staff, breakfast staff, and housekeepers, everybody was so personable and friendly. I would absolutely stay with them again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I travel a lot for work, so instead of going home each weekend, I have my company pay for my hotel stays in different places. Only catch is I have to stay in approved hotels. I was so disappointed in this hotel (in terms of suitability for work) that I suggested my employer drop the hotel from the list. The construction on Cerillos is so bad, it ruins your time getting in, out and around the area. Next door to the hotel is the quintessential sketchy strip mall -- complete with a liquor store with bars on the window and the cashier behind bullet proof glass. I don't know what my employer was thinking making this the only approved Hilton property in the greater SF area.

I couldn't get a "mountain view" room (which is no big deal), but looking at the trailer park next door was not a close approximation. The standard Hampton Inn breakfast was fine, and the staff was pleasant. I was given a nice tour guide booklet about the area at check in and the person at the front desk was kind enough to dogear the best attractions and restaurants. Unfortunately, the nicest smile can never take away from the bullet proof vest I'm guessing she had behind the desk.

Standard Hampton Inn, with fine service and fine breakfast, but just in a horrible area.

Room Tip: After you check in, try to figure out where to park so you can see your car.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EasternPA2

Thank you for comments on our staff and amenities. We take pride in making sure our hotel is in top shape and that our guests are 100% happy. I'm happy to update that construction enhancements on Cerrillos Road are almost complete and no longer an issue. I apologize that the location was not to your satisfaction, however, most guests do not have issues with the location, guests rather comment on the convenience of our hotel to all that Santa Fe offers. As we are on Cerrillos Road, we are close to many of Santa Fe's finest restaurants. We do have standard hotel security for the safety of our guests and we have good relations with our neighbors. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Hotels as your lodging of choice, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I needed a cheap getaway and won this room with a priceline bid for a fantastic price. I knew I wasn't going to be right downtown or at a fancy boutique hotel but was extremely nervous after reading numerous online reviews that bashed this hotel.

I was prepared for the worst when I showed up and was pleasantly surprised to find this is a well maintained hotel with a very pleasant and helpful staff. Honestly I couldn't find one thing to complain about the entire 3 days we were there !!

The entrance to our room was very dimly lit but there is plenty of other lights in the room beyond the intial entrance hallway. The room was in fantastic condition with newer fluffy pillows, downy comforters, a flat screen TV, fridge and most important a comfy bed. The continental breakfast was fresh and a perfect start to the day. Waffles, omelets, home fries, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee, juices and milk. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained.

The location was an easy 5 minute drive to Downtown Santa Fe and we had plenty of fast food and other authentic mexican restaurants nearby (try Adelitas 2 blocks away - YUM!). The famous Jackelope store is also a 2 minute drive.

If you want to be within walking distance of downtown this isn't the location for you but you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Msslaydbug
MarcosPerez_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you for your compliments on our Hotel and our Staff! We are delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. We have a great team that values every customer staying with us, we want every guest to feel like at home. Our main goal is our guest's satisfaction! Please come visit us next time you are in Santa Fe, we are pleased to have you at our Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Once again thank you for the review.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this inn for five continuous nights. We have always found Hampton Inn’s to be in the upper range of quality, comfort, and overall condition however, this inn lacked the level of quality we expect from Hampton. Our room was fairly small, lacking updated electrical outlets by the bed for modern electronics like cell phones and personal computers, a large 3-4 foot gash in the ceiling in disrepair, electrical outlets that wouldn't stay in place with the the standard 2-prong plug in appliances, and outlets behind the TV maxed out with nowhere to pulg in the provided coffee maker. Additionally when entering the room corridors, the smell of cigarette smoke was very evident, even near non-smoking rooms. Our shower head had to be replaced the first day because it leaked down the shower wall and wouldn’t work properly. It is evident that this property is probably a refurbished hotel that became a Hampton Inn. Pluses were the new flat screen TV's, fairly decent beds, and housekeeping services. Management didn't seem to be too concerned about these problems and offered nothing in the way of a price adjustment except fo a $20 credit for the second night when I complained. For the price we paid, I would really have to think strongly about staying at this Hampton Inn again. We will also think twice about staying at a "just average" Hampton Inn on our next vacation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Redwood8

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by me and shared with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hampton Inn Santa Fe.