“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
usa
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent the night here, checking in at 8pm. When we left at 6:30 am the next morning, we found our truck front door glass smashed out and our navi and radar detector stolen. The police when they arrived 1/2 hour later told us this hotel gets more cars broken into than any other hotel in Santa Fe by far and he couldn't believe they had no security cameras. Another car was broken into the same night on the other side of the hotel. The hotel is an older hotel and is the most outdated of any Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. We walked to a restaurant 2 blocks away for dinner and did not feel comfortable or safe which should have been a warning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank oldguy1
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
First of all, thank you for leaving your feedback of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our security team. . I personally have contacted the police and they told me is happening everywhere not specifically at our Hotel, which has been addressed in the local newspapers. They are taking some additional measurements as well. The safety of our guests is our top priority, and we will be looking into options to make our property safer. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for one night driving Route 66 and had a wonderful stay. Staff at the front desk were really helpful and thanks to them we had a wonderful meal in the old town. We also managed to squeeze in some outlet shopping! Thank you to all at the hotel we really appreciated your help.

Stayed August 2013
4 Thank MrandMrsTuba
Thank you very much for your perfect review, we are really happy you had such an outstanding stay at our Hampton Inn. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This Hampton did not meet the standard that we have come to expect from this hotel group. The pillows are worst we have ever come across in any hotel. There are a number of other hotels in the area that this Hampton is located. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have recently bought the pillows, we are using the standard Hampton pillows, however; we do want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, we will look into the issues a little further.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. The staff is friendly and helpful and our room was cleaned. However, the furniture is dirty and needs to be replaced, the hotel needs painting inside and the carpet needs to be replaced. We were in a non-smoking room, but, the hall smelled of cigarette smoke and the scent used to disguise it smelled unpleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
First of all, thank you very much for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you found our location to be desirable. I understand you were unhappy with the smell in the hallway due to the smoking rooms, I am very sorry for this. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet those expectations. I have notified our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Spearfish, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Checked in late and Check-in was fast. We tried to read our local papers on-line but internet was too slow; wouldn't download more than one page. I had a laptop- husband used an ipad. We checked out before breakfast so can't rate

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Gloria H
Thank you very much for your feedback, I do apologize for any internet issues you may have experience, it seems like there were some upgrades happening that may have affected our internet connectivity. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Loved our room at this Hampton! We had a King Suite and really enjoyed the space for 3 days. We had a king bed, a sofa, and lots of space for our suitcases and other essentials. We appreciated the refrigerator and coffee pot. The bathroom had a large sink counter, and we especially appreciated the full shelf underneath for storing bathroom essentials. Everything about the space was comfortable for us. There were only two distractions. The shower water pressure was very light, and room 206 was dark because there's a wall from the front of the hotel blocking the window. We also appreciated the coin laundry. The hotel is about 5 miles from downtown Santa Fe, and it only took 10 or 15 minutes to get there. We'd definitely choose to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank elswells
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We really appreciate your feedback. Our Hampton Inn is indeed really close to many local attractions. We hope to see you back soon!
Lafayette
Reviewed 21 September 2013

You tell me! This motel isn't close to Hampton Inn standards! The place was dark and dreary looking, smelled musty with the exception of my room, which smelled like cheap air freshener. I had a dog and 2 dollies full of items to transport from my car to the 2nd floor room, which was located about 50 yards from the elevator. The floor plan resembled a rodent maze. After unpacking, I moved my car closer to my room, which was 50 yards from the front door. By this time I'd worked up a pretty good sweat running stuff to the room. Then I discovered that my room "keys" would not open either rear door lock. There are 2 rear doors I discovered, one for upstairs and one for down. My key wouldn't work in either! So I had to trek back again to the lobby for replacement keys. When I complained to the desk clerk about my experience thusfar, she indicated that since it appeared that I'd formed an opinion about this Hampton, she offered to find me another motel. I was too tired out by that time to re-pack the car and go to another place. That evening, I noticed that exterior lighting was not very good, so I moved my car to the front area directly under a light. The following morning a couple of motel guests told me they parked in the rear of the building and their new car had a broken window...an apparent burglary attempt. I later saw the couple making a police report. To summarize, this is like no other Hampton I've ever stayed at. Not up to your standards. Not even close! Could have stayed at a nearby Motel 6 for a quarter of what I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank James T
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize to hear that it was not a positive experience. We always want to ensure that our guest's needs are being met and I apologize that we fell short of the expectations that you had of us. Thank you again for your feedback as we will use it to better our property for the future. We hope that the next time you're in town you'll stay with us again!