“Attentive Staff”

Ranked #39 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Guy_From_Normal
“Attentive Staff”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Our first impression of this motel was the greeting from the staff. The gentleman at the front desk made us feel very welcome. He was very helpful and provided maps and plenty of information about visiting the sites of Sante Fe. When we asked about the location of restaurant (Blue Corn Brewery), he not only drew on a map how to get there but provided us with a coupon for 10% off. He also recommended areas for parking to visit downtown and Canyon Road.

Our room was adequate and met our needs for our wonderful stay in Santa Fe. The breakfast was the traditional Hampton Inn fare and the staff kept food supplies full.

The Ice Machine was broken on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Cerrillos Road can be very busy with varying levels of traffic noise, so if you need a quiet room as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Guy_From_Normal
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We really appreciate the time you took to write us a review. We are delighted by your wonderful experience at our hotel. In fact, we do have a wonderful staff that loves to help our guests. We are centrally located to some wonderful restaurants. Once again, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our Hampton Inn Santa Fe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tennessee
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Santa Fe is a great town but lodging can be tough to find the quality and service you expect from Hilton, this property needs to start over with a new building not just a remodel. The help did a great job in most cases, the breakfast team seemed to be in chaos most mornings even though they worked hard.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Kathy C
Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. We are currently renovating our hotel and there are great things coming up in the near future. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, we love to give our guests a wonderful experience. We hope to see you back in the future; we really appreciate your review.
USA
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nice accommodations in Santa Fe , N. M. Place was nice and clean and all workers were very helpful and friendly. Hotel is NOT close to downtown but was not a problem to navigate AND the city bus was the BEST way to go!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

4 Thank playdate2014
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We really appreciate you acknowledging our friendly staff. We are thrilled about the wonderful experience you had at our hotel.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2013

clean and comfortable the hot tub and pool are open late my room was very large and comfortable. close to much shopping and resturants. beds are great breakfast is free.
single king room had a full size couch very nice room

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank kcpetcare
First of all, Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We take pride in our clean rooms. Indeed, we have a very nice hot tub and pool, we are centrally located to many shopping areas and areas of interest.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love Hampton Inn's and have stayed in them across the US. Never have I stayed in such a run down and dirty hotel as this one. I should have asked for my points back at check-out, but I didn't.

This stay was a tale of 2 personalities. Check-in and the first few hours were great. The young man who checked us in was very friendly and explained how to get to the restaurant in downtown Santa Fe we were going to that evening. He also encouraged us to park the motorcycles by the entrance so they could keep an eye on them.

Things changed after we returned from dinner. First off, we wanted to grab a couple of Cokes from the Market. Guess what?? NO MARKET in this hotel. What in the world is that all about. Only vending machines. Are we in the 90's here or something? Second, the ice machine on the second floor was completely inoperable. When asked, the front desk clerk (a woman) was very rude and said, just use the first floor machine I know the second floor doesn't work. So I went to the first floor to get ice. Take a look at the photo attached to this review. Mold and peeling wall paper and an improperly drained ice machine on the first floor. GROSS. Does the GM and franchisee actually think this is ok? I certainly hope not. I am still contemplating reporting them to the Santa Fe health department. In Houston where we live this would be considered a major health code violation.

The biggest problem with this property, other than those above, is that it is stuck in the 90's. The furniture is old and worn. The mattress...if you call that a mattress is definitely not a Hampton Inn mattress. WHen I sat on the edge of the bed all I felt was the metal frame of the mattress and the springs. It reminded me of what mattresses in a Motel 6 felt like.

This property is in need of conversion to a Comfort Inn or Motel 6. Or if the franshisee decides to do something really productive it would be renovated to 2013 standards.

As I stated in the beginning of this review I am a huge Hampton Inn fan. This one left me scratching my head.

Room Tip: Stay away until they remodel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
First of all, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for leaving your feedback of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with this. I understand that the renovation that we are going through can be misleading as far as giving an aspect of being dirty. If you noticed we had some of the machines out of that area as the walls are getting replaced. I sincerely apologized if that caused you an inconvenience. Thank you once again, we hope we can see you back at our hotel once the renovations are done.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I have to go to Santa Fe fairly often to help a friend. We always stay here because the staff is so helpful and friendly. Breakfast has improved more and more over the years. Relaxing atmosphere, convenient location.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far from smoking rooms as possible. Only fault is they still have them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kendra H
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. We are working hard toward a smoke free environment; we should be smoke free early next year. We really appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for choosing our Hampton Inn as your choice of lodging.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

When I arrived at the breakfast area, I went to get some eggs and potatoes. There was about 1/2 a spoonful of eggs and no potatoes in the containers. When I saw the hostess, I told her they were out and she indicated that she would take care of it. In the mean time several other guests came and found the same situation. It took over 15 minutes to get the food replenished, and then the amount put out was so small that 3 people got servings and then it was empty again. There was still 1 hour scheduled

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank James L
Thank you very much for your feedback. I do apologize for the breakfast issues you experienced during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us identify and fix the problems. We hope you can give us another chance on your next visit to Santa Fe.