“Wow!”

The Santa Fe Suites
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My brother and I recently drove across country to Santa Fe to visit with our mom and chose to stay here for four nights. Excellent choice! Staff was very friendly. Room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet. Located within walking distance of a drug store, grocery store, and several restaurants. Close to all the Santa Fe attractions. I marked this with five stars because it more than met all our needs at a VERY reasonable cost.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank mrskablack

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed at this property during Indian Market (August 2013). We've stayed at this property several times for the last two years. This is not a 4 star property, more a budget saver in Santa Fe, $71 per night for a queen studio during a prime tourist time. The rooms are very basic Studio or one bedrooms. We've always found them clean and neat. Property serves a basic continental type of breakfast. Staff have always been friendly and helpful. Location is about 10 minutes from the Santa Fe Plaza, and about the same to Museum Hill. Located off of St. Francis and I am sure bus service is available to either location.

Room Tip: Only stayed in rooms on the east side of property. Those are the away from street noise and have al...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Barb4519
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We've been staying here last few years after enjoying operas in Santa Fe. The location is a little away from tourist spots such as the Old Town Santa Fe Plaza and museums so it is very quiet. So far all the rooms we've stayed were clean and did not find any fault. We like a room with a queen size bed with a sofa better than a room with two beds. Every room is equipped with a dining table with two chairs, a small kitchen with a full size fridge, electric range with a microwave oven, a sink, a small coffee maker and all necessary utensils. The heater/air conditioner works fairly well. The bed we had last time was too soft and I could not sleep well, my back was hurting a little. They serve simple breakfast consisting with pastries, French toast, muffins, oatmeal, orange juice, tea and coffee in a tiny room next to the front lobby. There are a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We have tried a Chinese one "The Twin Dragon" and a Japanese one "Maki Yaki". They were mediocre and I don't think we would try again. Overall, the hotel's price is very reasonable for everything over-priced Santa Fe and is certainly much safer than any other hotels in more crowded Cerrillos Rd and in the 'down town' Santa Fe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tangarini
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It has a kitchen and fridge which is nice when you want to save on eating out. Its also walking distance to a major shopping center. The rooms are a little worn but that can be overlooked. Sheets and towels were fresh and clean. I'd stay there again .

Room Tip: I would ask to see a room ahead of time. Layouts are slightly different.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Larry K
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place is worn out, dirty, and not well maintained. There was a large hole in the couch, several large holes in the carpet, and the cabinets were missing knobs. The bathroom was dirty and gross. The air conditioner was so close to the bed it nearly touched the side of the bed and was annoying. The refrigerator knocked and made loud noises all night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We arrived at 1pm to reserve a room...my husband daughter and I... We were greeted by a young woman who seemed annoyed that we would bother her to stay at the hotel, My husband asked why stay...I was tired! It would do. The rooms were not ready yet come back at 3. No problem plenty to do in this otherwise inviting town. Came back at 5pm and was greeted by an EVEN MORE SOUR young man...again I was asked why stay...this time I had no answer other than I had already given them my credit card. Saw the room. In a pinch it will do... I am sure there is better and I am going to find it for our next night!!!

Room Tip: Keep looking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Which is an oxymoron - and this place is. Checked in for eight days but the luggage cart was locked up tight for the weekend. The so called kitchen was short knives and forks, a toaster and a knife for cutting bread. Three light bulbs were burnt out but housekeeping had gone home and the next day saw no toaster and no light bulbs. Oh yes and the wake up call woke us up at 4:50 am becuase the previous guest have not deprgoramed their wake up call so it just keeps ringing each day unless you cancelled the previous wake up call. Any stay here is a gamble but the odds of you getting anything in the way of customer service or basic amenities would be better in Las Vegas. Oh, the rooms are pathedically small. My recommendation. Go elsewhere,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple