The Santa Fe Suites
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$140
  • Restaurant
Santa Fe Motel & Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Inn and Spa at Loretto(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$103
Comfort Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
US$69
US$65
US$269
US$261
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Old Santa Fe Inn(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$114
Homewood Suites Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$110
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
US$664
US$624
All reviewssmall kitchensfull size refrigeratorcontinental breakfaststove toplove seatlaundry roomqueen bedcoffee makermuseum hilloatmealconvenient locationcerrillos roaddowntown areanew mexicoalbertsonskitchenettedishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Santa Fe Suites on a recent vacation. The location is pretty good, as it is close to the interstate, and also a 10 minute drive to downtown. The room we stayed in had a kitchenette, but we didn't end up using it. The look of the room seemed outdated, and the mattress could stand being replaced. We chose it because it was less expensive than other hotels; if we traveled to Santa Fe it again, we probably would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank _0mkq0_
Reviewed 19 June 2010

This was our second stay at The Santa Fe Suites. We reserved an accessible room which gave us a big bathroom with tub and a better kitchen layout but a less comfortable bed than a regular room. The bed was low and very hard - I had to buy a matress pad, which helped a great deal. The is no internet connection in most rooms, but I was told they are working on that. The best part is being able to cook in the kitchen. I love the farmers market and Whole Foods (we don't have WF close to home) so we got to buy yummy fresh food and prepare a delicious meal in house and enjoy a quiet evening together. Except for a few trucks delivering good to the Albertsons, the Santa Fe Suites is very quite. Still a great value!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laugh67
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I stayed at the Santa Fe Suites during a recent trip to Santa Fe for a conference. I thought it was great! It was close to the interstate, so it was easy for me to get to the hotel and back out of town when traveling before and after the conference (I drove). It was close to a major road, so traveling through the city was a breeze even though it was much further from the convention center and the downtown area than the majority of the conference goers were lodged.

I loved having a kitchen in my room! The conference didn't include many meals, so I cooked and ate almost all of my meals in my room (I opted to cook my own breakfasts rather than eating the continental breakfast provided by the hotel - the same continental breakfast you get at most of the lower priced or mid-ranged hotels). I brought pots and pans and dishes with me, but basic cooking supplies (a saucepan and a skillet, 4 sets of flatware, place settings for 4 people, glasses and mugs, spatula, colander, cutting board) were provided in the room. The room had a full sized fridge, so I could actually fit all of my food for the week in it. I also had a coffee maker that I didn't use (I made tea with the microwave) and a toaster. The kitchen was small and didn't include an oven (the range had 2 burners), but it was wholly adequate for the simple meals I was preparing during my stay. Even better, there is a grocery store (Albertson's) across the parking lot, so it's very easy to get groceries for cooking.

I ran the A/C unit during the day and then opened my second story window at night for a completely comfortable temperature in my room. I also felt safe wandering around the property at night, which was nice.

There was a TON of storage space in my room, including a dresser, kitchen cabinets, a bookcase built into the breakfast nook, a floor to ceiling built in bookcase, and a closet. The bathroom had ample space for my needs as well. I loved having the small couch and coffee table for relaxing while watching TV or reading and the breakfast nook was a great place to both prepare and eat meals.

There were two things I didn't like about my room. There was no desk and as my trip was a work trip and I needed to use my computer in the evenings, this was frustrating for me. I ended up using the breakfast nook as my workspace and it worked okay most of the time, but I had to move all of my work things to cook or eat there. The other thing I didn't like was the tiny shower. There was barely enough space for my travel sized shampoo and conditioner plus the soap - I couldn't have put anything else in the shower. There was also no way to get out of the stream of water, so it was a little difficult to get lathered up.

Aside from these two issues, I was quite pleased with my room. Considering how little it cost compared to many other hotels in the area and the remote location compared to my conference, I didn't expect to like it as well as I did. However, I found that I could have stayed in my room for a month or more quite happily - I really liked it! My room was quiet, the parking was great (right at the base of the stairs to my room!), and the service was good. My room was comfortable and well designed for longer stays. Overall, I was very pleased with my room and I will be staying there again the next time I got to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank speak04
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We were actually supposed to be out camping when the winds picked at the campground to 50-60mph. We opted to break down camp and go stay in a hotel in Santa Fe for the couple of days of high winds.

Santa Fe Suites was so accommodating in getting us into a room at 8:30am (at no extra fee for the early arrival). We stayed here because they had the kitchenette, and we could still cook our camp food. They were so helpful in getting us pots, pans, griddles, spatulas. We are pretty sure that they hadn’t had guests cooking to the extent we were cooking in our rooms.

The place was very clean and taken care of, and the staff was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lzfowler
Reviewed 10 June 2010

The SF Suites offers a good rate for lodging near Santa Fe. The hotel is located in the back of Albertson's parking lot; you have to enter through Albertson's entry to get to the hotel which is kinda weird. A short drive gets you into downtown Santa Fe, and the grocery store is very convenient for a walk over to purchase food, sunscreen, ice, etc. Small rooms include a refrigerator and microwave, kitchen dishes and utensils, a sink and dishwasher. OUr room, 418, was in back of the lobby facing an apartment complex. It was quiet enough, but the light outside our door was a nuisance for trying to sleep with the blinds and window open for natural air. The a/c was a blaster; we had to cover half of it up with one of the comforters held down by an upside-down chair to reduce the air flow! The rug was stained and needed a shampoo badly, chips on the bathroom counter and the pillows were flat and needed replacing. Not a room that's pleasant to spend any time in, no porch or chairs outside, but a good location for seeing the sites of Santa Fe.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends