Quite dissappointed that its supposed to be a 3 star place.
The HVAC system is a standard freestanding unit, but curiously, it has no thermostat. This means that you set it to "low heat" and the fan runs and NEVER turns off. It will literally run the fan until you turn it to OFF. It was about 10°F outside at night, so turning it off was not an option. If you can sleep right next to the noisy fan, then enjoy. Central heat with a thermostat that you set would be much nicer.
The hotel seems like it was assembled somewhere else in modules and brought in. Each room is quite small, and the bathroom was really small. It's got to be one of the smallest bathrooms that I have encountered. The shower is a preformed plastic "pod" with the toilet outside it. These two are closed off from the room by a pocket door. The sink is part of the room itself. Its probably a model of efficienty, but it felt really small. Once we brought in the luggage, there was barely room to move around.
The beds seemed small too. We sleep on a queen size at home and I actually checked the mattress tag and it said its a "finished queen." I dunno what that means, but it must mean that once the sheets and stuff are put on it, that its legally bigger than a double ? I don't know.
Also the room for four people had towels for two. Breakfast was not bad.
Its at the far end of the main drag, Cerrillos Ave , so you'll drive a while to get anywhere. Its about as far from the ski area as you can be and still be in Santa Fe.
Overall, quite dissappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your refuge in the southwest at the Inn at Santa Fe, a tranquil boutique destination surrounded by the region's rich history, world-famous cuisine, modern arts scene and beautiful peaks of the Jemez Mountains. Stay and relax in the fireplace lounge, soothe tired muscles in the sauna or sip a glass of wine by the pool after an exhilarating day of skiing. Our hotel has been rated "excellent" by over 200 TripAdvisor travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn At Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Inn At Santa Fe New Mexico