“mostly positive”

Inn At Santa Fe
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was in this resort on August 19th with my mom, my god mother and my dog Chiko.

Let's start with the negative; This hotels is called Santa Fe Inn but it is miles away from the city, overlooking the highway that will eventually get you to town. They have a shuttle but you have to request the service 24 hours in advance and no local bus service . (I had a car, but unfortunately locked myself out of it while I was visiting downtown and had a veeeeery hard time getting back to the hotel)

Positive: The structure and the decoration is very folkloristic and nice with adobe and pueblo artifacts all over. The little pool and hot tub is just perfect after a long day. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was all good.

The room was clean and the breakfast plentyful.

So this is a good place if your priority is not staying in downtown Santa Fe and stroll out of your hotel for a walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank slvmrc

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I've stayed here 5 or 6 times the past few years. Each time has been a pleasant experience. Very friendly staff, nice breakfast which is included with your room. Dinner is also available with a nice selection to choose from. I really like the location just off I-25. It's a less congested traffic area compared with the hotels closer to the plaza. The rooms are smaller than some may like, but as a solo traveler they're fine for me plus they're very clean. One other bonus in my visits there is I rarely hear other travelers so the sound insulation must be very good.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Bjorn7
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We traveled through New Mexico and previously stayed at another hotel in the main area of Santa Fe, that was very nice. Upon returning to Santa Fe, we stayed at the Inn at Santa Fe our final night in order to easily gain access to the Interstate to the airport in Albuquerque; we didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised! Our room was very pleasant, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the full included breakfast was quite a plus. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Very accessible to Interstate 25.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary Jo G
Reviewed 11 August 2013

As foreign tourists on our first trip to Santa Fe we relied upon the recommendation of a friend when we chose the Inn at Santa Fe hotel and it exceeded our expectations. We found a friendly staff and a nice clean, well-appointed room for a reasonable price. It was nice to return to the hotel after a day of sightseeing to relax in the pool and hot tub and after dinner to sit outdoors by the firepit drink in hand. The Inn is just lovely.
What I found interesting that it is faster to the Plaza via St. Francis exit which is what we did and it took less than 15 minutes. So we saved lots on hotel costs by not staying right downtown and it was convenient as there is plenty of parking at the Inn.
If only we could have stayed longer. Oh, and the free breakfast was great.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ingrid k
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I had come to Santa Fe for a job interview, and I was having trouble printing packets for the job talk. I was running late, and Oscar at the front desk said that he would take care of it all for me. (I was nervous to leave it all to a stranger, but I had little choice and was making no progress myself.) I went upstairs, got ready, and when I got back all my packets were laid out for me and stapled just like I needed them to be. I'm not saying that did it, but I felt prepared as I headed to the interview, I got the job, and now I'm moving to Santa Fe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank R O
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This isn't the most memorable hotel we stayed in during our trip to USA however for the value was just what we needed.

Positives
The room was a good temperature. The pool looked good though the air temperature was too cold to test it out. The big bonus was that it was one of the few hotels that offered breakfast.

Negatives
The location isn't the best in terms of it's a drive into town but there is ample parking at the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank elise1
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed there as a recommendation from the Police Academy. Price was reasonable, rooms nice, staff friendly, pool and hot tub clean and loved the outdoor gas fireplace. It was quiet and check in and check out was fast. Everything you need within a couple of miles so if you need to go somewhere to eat that is not a problem. Food and complimentary wine cheese is a nice touch:)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family