“Third time there”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Third time there”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have always found this hotel to be pleasant, clean and extremely comfortable. The staff is great. The only drawback is that it is a bit out of the way for shopping and siteseeing but with the savings in rate, the expense is minimal. I will stay there anytime I am in Santa Fe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Turners Falls, MA
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I landed here on the day of a huge snowstorm, so was glad to find such a comfortable place to hunker down. It's a few miles' drive to the historic section of town, so if you want to be within walking distance, this is not for you. However, it is close to Rts. 25 and 14, and easy to get to 84. Room was clean, comfortable (more pillows than I needed, but it was fun to have them), convenient, good wifi connection -- all the basics were covered well. Even the shampoo and skin cream were nice.

The extra selling point for me is that the breakfast is substantial and delicious -- real scrambled eggs, not those rubbery prefab discs so many hotels have; good, strong coffee; great oatmeal, not gooey gray slop; waffles, fruit (canned -- this was in November), apples to take for the road, muffins, bagels -- all the usual stuff, but exceptionally well done and included in the cost of the room. Plus, the breakfast room is the same as the dining room and bar: comfortable padded chairs, and if you're lucky you can sit by the fire.

All staff, from front desk to housekeeping to bartender/waiter, were friendly and helpful, and I got some good advice about shopping and travel routes. I'd stay there again. It's a little more than I wanted to pay initially -- not so expensive, but I'm on a big trip on a small budget -- but it was well worth the money.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SarahDoyle2013
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This Inn is hard to rate. Pluses include very cordial, friendly and helpful employees. Really inviting southwest décor. Small bar and snack room off the lobby with a limited menu (we opted for an Outback Steakhouse, about a mile away for dinner). Reasonable rates.Convenient to I-25 expressway. On that basis, I would rate this Inn very good to excellent. But there is a structural deficiency that can't be overlooked: room size. Our room was described as a single queen room (there are no king bed rooms). The "queen" size bed was more the size of a double bed. The room was very small and the bathroom even smaller. No bath to soak in after a long day on the road, just a stall shower. Great shower head, though. If room size is important to you, especially for an extended stay, I would regrettably suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for the 2 queen rooms if you value space!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bassace
Quemado, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at Marriott but decided to stay here cause it was where my friends were staying. Extremely polite staff, a very clean and comfortable room and a fantastic breakfast. Great experience!!!! I will have no problem staying there again if I ever have to!! A+++++

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Upaunoz
Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a very quaint little hotel near a shopping mall. It is right next to Cerrillos Rd and easy access to I-285. It's not near any major sites, but as long as you have a car, its a very nice place to rest your head after a long day of sightseeing. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The rooms are very bijou, but at the price, you couldn't expect more. Nicely decorated and offering all the basics, we were not disappointed. They also offer a wonderful breakfast included in your stay, which makes for a convenient, economical perk.
I won't be surprise if I end up staying here again on my next trip to the area. The rate, the service, comfortable rooms, and great breakfast make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MrsWright2008
Albuquerque
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When first calling for a reservation, I was not sure I wanted to stay here. On hold for 10 minutes, hung up and after calling back, on hold again. However, I took a leap and went there for 2 nights.
SO glad I did! Super nice, friendly and helpful front desk staff - Oscar and Hunter! Great job. Everything I asked for was taken care of and the directions to attractions were right on.
The room was so cozy. Not huge but just right. I loved all the pillows on the bed and the comforter was a real treat - not just a thin blanket.
Breakfast was a surprise with scrambled eggs florentine! There was plenty to eat.
The Mediterranean shrimp from the restaurant was fabulous. Sun dried tomatoes, squash, carrots over pasta with olive oil and the shrimp were HUGE.
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Liked the room on the west side. It was November and nice and toasty when the sun went down. View of...
Green Features: Pamphlet given at check in states that they will recycle anything you bring down from your room. We always take our recyclables home and sort them there.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cheryl O
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I wanted to say thank you to all the staff at the Inn at Santa Fe for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. We were filming in Santa Fe, and Victoria made our arrangements effortless. We were thrilled to come back after 16 hour days to our clean, comfortable rooms. The staff was attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel to not only filmmakers and crews, but to anyone looking for an affordable, relaxing stay in Santa Fe.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business