“Great base hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe
Ranked #27 of 62 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Came to Santa Fe for a bike race. Great central location, clean hotel, good service and cookies. Only negative was no early breakfast included with stay. Maintenance staff was very helpful in finding us some duct tape for an emergency equipment repair. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi meandthemouse,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the kind comments on the review. I hope you enjoyed the race as well as Santa Fe and we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

When we arrived we were not pleasantly greeted. Instead, the man asked what I wanted. I told him we were checking in and gave him my driver's license and credit card. He swiped them up off the counter and did his thing with them and handed them back to me. He handed me the keys and told me where the elevator was. It should be called the waitavator.

The room was tolerable but nothing to write home about. I have been in many Doubletree Hotels and this is the worst one. My husband and I travel all the time and I can say this without any hesitation, RUN AWAY from this hotel.

This whole place was extremely noisy. We were planning on staying there 3 nights but we left and went right down the street to The Hampton Inn.

It is less expensive and sooooooo much better. The front desk clerk was so much more pleasant, he welcomed us and pointed out a few interesting facts about The Plaza that I did not know even though I have been there several time.

Now our vacation is NOT ruined. Thank you Hampton Inn!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tah52
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi tah52,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I apologize for the experience you had at check in. This is definitely not the normal feedback we get, especially since the world famous DoubleTree cookie is the main part of our check in process. I will pass your comments about your experience on to the appropriate managers so we can address the issue and work to improve our service for future guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope you will give us another chance on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This Doubletree was delightful for a tired traveller. The decor is tasteful. Large open lobby for relaxing and a comfortable room. The Sweet Dreams bed is worth this hotel selection. Outdoor balcony opens for fresh air. Trained and genuinely friendly staff make this choice worth repeat business.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank PaigeTrip
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hi Paige,
Thank you for such a kind review. I am very happy you enjoyed our hotel and its services and I hope we can welcome you back on a future visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Couldn't believe the quality for the price of the room. Very friendly and helpful staff. I have absolutely no complaints. Very nice hotel. Highly recommended. We accidently left our lights on our rental car and they were very helpful in trying to help us get it started after the battery was dead.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Hi Jerry,
I am very happy we could help! Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to the Santa Fe area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Clean and comfortable, awesome staff. Free internet which worked well. Love the comfortable pillows. We got stuck and extra night and were relieved at the nice accommodations and shopping close by -- Penney, Ross, Sears, Target, etc. The Blue Corn restaurant is close by with great food and good service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hi Michele,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear you enjoyed our service, amenities and location and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This double tree hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico is great for everything that you want to do weather you are in town for the Santa Fe fiestas on downtown or going skying at sky Santa Fe this is the place to stay at, the room and hotel is in great conditions very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good, and the cookie at check in was delicious. if visiting I will stay here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Angie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello fox789, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us during your time in Santa Fe! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the signature Wake Up DoubleTree breakfast buffet and our delicious chocolate chip and walnut cookie! We hope to welcome you back as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The parking spaces seem really small so prepare yourself for door dings. The room was well supplied, clean and the staff helpful/friendly. I didn't much care for the man outside the front door hitting me up for money but I guess even Santa Fe has it's problems. Asked for dining recommendations and the front desk had plenty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cardiacattack
Barry B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hi Cardiacattack,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and I hope you will choose us again on a future visit to the area.