“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a great hotel for a two day getaway. They had extremely comfortable beds along with clean rooms and balcony to be able to enjoy the view and great weather. The staff was very friendly. They have a fitness center on the 4th floor that has equipment that faces an awesome view of Santa Fe.

1 Thank Ted T
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Ted T,

We are so happy to read your wonderful review on your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe! I agree that we do have extremely comfortable beds! It's wonderful to hear that you were able to experience the beauty of Santa Fe by utilizing our balconies and our 4th floor fitness center. We are lucky to have such wonderful guests, and we hope to welcome you back when you are in the area!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is adorable on the outside, pretty in the lobby and my room was quite nice. However, I was stunned and disgusted after checking in to see stains on the suet on my bed. Yellowish stains. So gross. I can't imagine how they could put that on a guest's bed. It should be thrown away if it cannot be cleaned properly. Possibly it wasn't even cleaned.

Also, I was in my room one night and all was fine. However, the following morning I woke to see a huge fly flying around in my room. How did it get in? It definitely was not there the previous evening and night.

Most of the staff was warm, welcoming and helpful. The one exception was a gentleman working at the front desk on Saturday night. Extremely unfriendly to the point of being rude.

Please note that the hotel is about a 10-minute drive to the main plaza. The hotel does offer a shuttle to take you around within a 5 or 7 mile radius, which is very helpful. I rented a car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear KNYC,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience with the cleanliness of your room; this is not a typical issue we have here at our hotel. In fact, we pride ourselves on being rated very highly on our cleanliness. I do hope that you would give us another chance when you are in the area so that we can provide you with a flawless stay. Thank you again for being our guest, and we hope to see you again.

Regards,
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel through hotwire.com. Kathryn at the front desk checked us in for our two day stay. We were given two cookies when we checked into the hotel. We decided to stay an extra night. Kathryn again helped us out and gave us a special. The hotel has a balcony! We sat outside to a beautiful view. It is located in the midst of everything. It is an hour away from the Bandelier National Park, 1/2 hour away from downtown Santa Fe.

1 Thank lifesadventurer
Dear lifesadventurer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I will make sure that Kathryn is commended for taking care of you, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in Santa Fe!

Warm Regards,
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The staff was very nice & helpful, the room was quite & clean and the cookies were warm! I have stayed in many higher and middle end hotels this year (including Hilton) and none can come close to the cleanliness of this hotel. I am really picky about this particularly the bathrooms, I couldn't have done a better job myself! The place I look 1st is the top of the baseboards and the corners, these were spotless! I know where I will stay when I go to Santa Fe and will recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: To the best of my knowledge all are great but the west side seems to have the best view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Liz2077,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your time in Santa Fe and the wonderful review! We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and always aim to provide the best experience possible! We will be very happy to welcome you back as our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Garden Grove, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Even though I called and made room reservations asking for an ADA room for my elderly parents, when we arrived at the Hotel they didn't or couldn't meet any of our requests and gave us rooms on the 3rd floor in the middle of the Hotel not very accessible for someone who cannot walk far. Plus requested adjoining rooms to help parents which the Hotel also could not accommodate. The maids came knocking at the door at 9:30 a.m. even though we clearly put out the "Do not disturb" sign. Jason at the front desk wasn't at all helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Evelyn V
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Evelyn V,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe! I'm very sorry that the location of our ADA rooms were not to your liking. I also apologize that we were unable to provide you with an adjoining room; unfortunately the room type that was reserved is a room type that we do not have that adjoins to another room. We were able to provide rooms side by side, but again, I do apologize, as I understand how this may have caused you an inconvenience. I do hope that you give us another chance when you're in the area. I would be more than happy to provide you with information on our adjoining rooms and the location of our ADA rooms. We want to make sure that your stay is wonderful! Thank you again, and we hope to see you when you are in the area.

Regards,
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when checking in at the Doubletree hotel in Santa Fe. The staff was very efficient and friendly. I found the same to be true in the restaurant, lounge and housekeepers! I will recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Beverly M
Dear Beverly M,
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive in providing the best service that we can. I believe that our employees here would be very happy to hear your review, and I will pass on your compliments to the entire staff. Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Santa Fe!

Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We held our State Council Meeting at the Double Tree and everything was perfect! Our warmest thanks go out to Joanna Leigh and her staff, all of the folks are true professionals and the accommodations are second to none!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

4 Thank Richard P
Dear Richard P,
I am so happy to hear that your meeting went well! I will make sure to pass on your comments to Joanna Leigh as well as the banquet staff. We hope to see you again!