“no MSNBC”

DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 15 August 2014

room was nice, but television offered only Fox News, and not MSNBC … I can't watch Fox News without throwing up. I assume the corporate CEO prefers Fox viewpoint over MSNBC, and wants to restrict hotel guests from being exposed to progressive ideas … is that why MSNBC is not offered? We will likely stay at hotels in future where we know we have a choice.

2  Thank Guy M
Rene M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will help in the future when we are choosing the TV package for the hotel. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the TV program of your liking. Your comfort is important to us and I’m sorry we disappointed you. Thank again for writing.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Most comfortable hotel bed we ever slept in! Special treatment from the staff to celebrate our 50th anniversary was really appreciated. Hotel is located on a main shopping street in Sante Fe...very convenient to everything you need...and 10 to 15 minutes from Old Sante Fe plaza area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom P

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Our team understands and believes that our valued guests deserve a positive and memorable stay. We will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice feedback with our team.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I think the male staff were all in the bar, when the charm school class was going on. Either that or they have been placed here to work as part of a prison outreach program. They really don't want to be here. What else would explain such an abysmal attitude? The female work force, to their credit, are very nice. The food is awful. Oh, and don't believe what the menus tell you. A lot of stuff won't be available, or in-room dining will simply tell you that they are closed, if they can't be bothered.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Algernon P

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I'm sure it was frustrating. We take any issues extremely seriously. I have reached out to our F&B management staff to correct any and all issues. Your feedback is important to us and encourages improvement for future stays. We appreciate your business and hope you'll try us again upon your return to the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Let's start with the good. Plenty of free parking, friendly front desk staff, very clean overall, quite rooms if away from the road, comfortable beds.
Not so good? Service in the restaurant horrid. Food not bad. Only tried breakfast but when we arrived at the host stand, no one to greet us. We saw EVERY table was not bussed. Hummm, what's going on here? We sat ourselves after we cleared a dirty table. Still no staff. Saw a stand with coffee and found cups and poured our own. Finally, one staff person comes from the back. Long story short, she was the only one working the dining room and she was from housekeeping. Seems the manager had no one scheduled or staff no showed. We did come back the next morning and normal staffing was working well. Still, it was a poor intro on our first morning and well below the high Hilton standard.
I'll add that our room was not ready when we arrived at about 4pm, but front desk staff made it right.
Location close to shopping mall but far from old town center.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I appreciate you acknowledging our nice hotel, comfy beds. I’m terribly sorry to hear that it was frustrating when you went to have breakfast; please accept my apology. I regret leaving you with a poor impression. Your sincere comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. I hope to see you on a return visit

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a nice hotel. It's an updated and converted Holiday Inn. The rooms are a bit small but nicely updated, clean, and comfortable. It is not convenient to the old downtown, but as that was not important for this trip, I was very pleased with the choice (except for below).

For many years, you could checkout from Hilton properties via the TV system in the room. That convenience meant that hotels reduced front desk staffing in the mornings. Unfortunately, Hilton has ended using that system but most Hilton properties have not restored the staffing. As a bill had not been left under my door, I had to wait in line and confirm the total (and to make sure no one had a drink on my room number). There was one staffer handling the crowd, including someone trying to pre-pay for a group with a check. The manager was no where to be seen. Twenty+ minutes to get my bill.

Unlike other Doubletree properties... Breakfast buffet is not included in the room price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HornsAndTail

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the service you have come to expect from DoubleTree. Your comfort is important to us and I’m sorry we disappointed you. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. Thank again for writing.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We arrived late at night and were greeted by very friendly staff offering warm cookies. The room was very nice and very clean. We ate at the bar in the restaurant enjoying the company of a friendly bartender. The menu offered a nice variety of items and our choices were very tasty. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Dixie T

I appreciate you sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I’m delighted to hear of the warm hospitality provided to you by our staff; I will be sure to share your kind remarks. Thank you for taking the time to write, your review serves as encouragement for our entire team.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were here in Santa Fe for one night and the accomodations were adequate and comfortable. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool, the indoor/outdoor pool was enjoyed by my children. The business center with computers was appreciated as i was able to upload my vacation pictures to freee up space on my camera memory card! We had a great time and would most likely return to this hotel.

1  Thank Lorayne D
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Lorayne D,

I'm happy to hear that your children enjoyed our unique indoor / outdoor pool! It is definitely one of my favorite features of this hotel, along with our touchscreen computers in our business center. We do hope to welcome you back when you are in the area!

Warmest Regards,