Excellent location, surrounded by lots of other hotels and restaurants and shopping. Take exit 278B and it's about two miles. Maybe it's because we had just stayed at three other Mariott properties on our 16 day road trip, but it was such a surprise to walk in the lobby to find it was really one large room that combined the service desk and breakfast area. It is very small and cramped. This property is not modern, bright and cheery. But it is clean.
The exceptional customer service made up for it. The young woman who checked us in had lots of energy and enthusiasm and half apologized for the hotel not having an elevator. We didn't need assistance, but she made sure we knew that staff was available to carry up our luggage to the 2nd floor if need be.
We asked for information on two specific areas, and by the time we brought our luggage to our room and freshened up, she had assembled info on these two attractions. On the city map, she highlighted how to get there and even told us where we could park without paying. She suggested a few choices for the type of dinner we were looking for and highlighted a few other pertinent things in the area. We couldn't have asked for better.
Breakfast was cramped. We came down about 7:45am and there were no tables available and the entire room was full. By the time we got something to eat, a family had vacated their table, so we were able to enjoy our breakfast. I'm guessing this is one of the older properties, and maybe they weren't that busy then, but that night, Christmas week, it was packed. I wouldn't say it was bad, but not what you expect from a Fairfield/Mariott.
We didn't have to check out, as we request they slide the hotel bill under the hotel room door. As we were exiting, the service desk staff said goodbye to us and wished us safe travels. Though we rated these specific items high, I'm not sure as we'd stay again, given the multitude of hotel choices in the area. But cheers to the staff for outstanding customer service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most Welcoming Hotel near Santa Fe Mall, Pet Friendly, 100% Non smoking Property, free Wireless High Speed Internet, Free Hot Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Free parking, Handicap Accessible rooms, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Fairfield Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Fairfield Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Santa Fe New Mexico