“don't stay here, nothing was good”

Days Inn Santa Fe New Mexico
Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Days Inn is located at 2900 Cerrillos Road, on one of the main drags. I stayed in Room 107- downstairs. Door didn't lock. Air conditioner never cooled the room. The room needed painting, carpet needed replacing, bathroom was yucky. The bathroom needed to be remodeled and repainted. Only 1 large size towel in a room with a king bed. The pool was not in service, being painted. The breakfast offerred no protein at all. I had to ask the desk clerk to add coffee to the one coffee holder- and the coffee was so weak. Only white bread.
The clerk lived on the premises and his 4 children were all over the lobby. The ice machine was out of service. No ice.
I paid the clerk 100 dollars for 2 nights. I could have slept in my car and felt just as well.
I will return to Santa Fe in November, but with all the motels and hotels, I will stay elsewhere. One more thing: I called to confirm my reservation the day before, and they didn't have it. For $50, a night, off season in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I could have stayed in 20 other motels. The desk clerk's command of the English language was extremely poor. When I asked to check out 1/2 hour later than the usual 11 a.m., he actually had no clue what I was asking.

Room Tip: The second floor occupants coming and going all night, made sleeping impossible. Noise, drinking, et...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank shorty1-Nocona

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The best thing about this place is the price. And it is across the street from a liquor store. Otherwise, it's pretty grim. Rooms; beat up, not too clean, old and mismatched everything. Depressing breakfast in a depressing breakfast room. Indifferent staff. But for $41 in Santa Fe, it's about what you'd expect.

Room Tip: get one on the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2012

As a travel nurse from Anderson, SC, I knew Days Inn would be a reasonable place to stay for 13 week because it is a nationally renown motel. I looked around SantaFe during my first week upon arrival. I assessed the community for overall safety, location (near St. Vincent's Hospital), and crime areas. It was quite clear that this Days Inn "is" under renovation and business still being conducted. To me, that speaks volumes! The managers are responsible, accomodating, and very industrious people. I got that from the first interview. I didn't need the Taj Mahal. I needed a safe retreat that fit my budget after working 12 hours, for sleep and comfort 1600 miles away from home. This was provided to me.
From management to housekeeping, I was welcomed and my privacy was respected. I have been staying at this Days Inn now for 11 weeks and watching as it is developing into a beautiful and quaint icon on Cerrillos Rd. It is close to everything: Downtown, excellent restaurants, shopping areas, great access to main hwys, and of course my workplace. I brag to my co-workers about my great stay at Days Inn. You all are doing a wonderful job in progress. The pool will be awesome in season (almost there). Keep the faith!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 7 May 2012

If your pool is not filled, put up a sign or tell guests on check in. We came there to swim. Don't assign them a room in the middle of re-decorating, missing headboard & chairs. 2nd room was non-smoking, but had cig burns in the bathtub and on wallpaper. My son works in a Wyndham hotel, so I am familiar with such things as the book where they write down which hotel rooms are ready and which ones need repairs (faucet leaky.) The trainee behind the desk was not. Although ably assisted by the owner, he gave a room that said "furniture not in" and had to call our cell phone once we started to unpack. Our 2nd room was small, ordinary, but clean. We are not picky about hotels, but my son is proud to place my husband and I in the best hotels in the chain for less, using the family member discount. This time he was embarrassed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank squidgete
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This place should not have been open for business until totally remodeled. When we walked up to our room the door was ajar. We attempted to close it but couldn't and called the manager. He came promptly and after a hard slam of the door it stayed closed. The room did not smell good, the carpeting was filthy, the furniture very worn, the bathroom quite outdated but clean. The bed was comfortable. After one night we asked to be moved to what the manager described as a remodeled room. This room was about the same as the first although it did have new drapes. The exterior of the building needing repainting, the courtyard area needed re-landscaping and the breakfast could be improved. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Good: Conveniently located; owners and staff are friendly and accommodating. The price is right, $49 per night.
Not so good: This is an older property, and it needs immediate maintenance to make it a good experience for people staying there. The floors need vacuming even in the corners. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls. The shower curtain rod sagged in the middle, so water puddled on the floor from either end. There was no safety bar in the tub and nothing to hold on to. The breakfast was very sparse and not like other Days Inns where I have stayed. Without too much effort, they could turn this into a lovely place to stay.
Next time we will spend a little more and stay in a nicer, cleaner place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wyfiddle
Reviewed 8 April 2012

While the Building itself is being upgraded the rooms are comfortable and quiet. Excellent service from the staff and owner. Couldn't find a better place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from Cerrillos Rd
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family