“Day Inn”

Reviewed 16 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Eric F
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Room was ok, nothing special. Breakfast was bad continental. I stayed here with my fiancé and sister with her boyfriend. We were in town for our mothers wedding. After the ceremony we came back to the hotel with my other sister and our two new step sisters. My father was staying in the room next to us with his wife and my younger brother. The night manager came to our room and angrily told us we had too many people in our room and he was going to call the cops. My sister apologized and said she would leave with our step sisters. He followed them out to there car yelling at them the entire time. After they had left he came back up to our room. I walked out and apologized again. He told me apologizing is useless and then said "how about I slap you and then apologize". I took that as a threat and went back to my room and closed the door. I don't know what his problem was but he handled himself very unprofessionally. There are many hotels in the area for the same price I would definitely stay somewhere else. My cousin and his family stayed down the street at la Quinta and had a very pleasant experience. My soon to be in laws stayed at the Marriott and were very happy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gabriel B
Kishan P, Manager at Days Inn Santa Fe New Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Arrived and was told we were being given the "internet rate room"

This included a basement level room with a broken television and bathroom fixtures. When we complained we were told we could leave and cancel our reservation. Absolutely no accommodations were offered. Hotel is in a seedy part of town and just appears run down.

No apologies or anything. We checked out an hour after checking in.

2  Thank Hotelier8678

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and quiet, but this hotel needs updates badly. Not just a new coat of paint, but deep cleaning and remodeling. The grout in the bath was stained and worn. The caulk in the bath was stained and worn and flaking.

The shower pressure was good but the temperature was subject to whoever else was using the water when I was, varying between scalding and freezing. The shower fixtures were also old and worn.

The sidewalk and walkways were patched and uneven and difficult to wheel luggage across.

Despite all the less than desirable qualities, the front desk man was pleasant and helpful and recommended a restaurant nearby that was fabulous!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatM M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have gone to a lot of Days Inn Hotel. I believe at the cheap price and great amenities (as long as the place is safe). Price is never a problem. 60-80 bucks with fridge and microwave is amazing. This stay is $67. The bathroom fixtures are old. Like rusty old. The good thing is the water pressure and toilet flush pressure is strong. Complimentary breakfast includes cereals, pastries, toast, bagels, waffle and boiled egg. When we left on a Sunday, the egg was not on the menu. Coffee is very stale. There is also a coffee maker, hair drier and iron with board. The remote doesn't have a battery cover. No laundry bag in the room.

The staff are just smilingly, insultingly, rude. I originally planned to stay for 4 nights but finished going around in 3. I just needed a refund and the front desk clerk said we have to wait for the manager at 12 pm which became 10 and then 11am. When at 1045, the manager is not there which I expected, I told the girl that we will go ahead and check out so we won't get billed for that day. I was fine with going back at 12 as agreed to settle the dispute. She said I can't because the manager is not there. So I clarified with her that we will not get billed. She said she doesn't know. I said we are not here and I am checking out before 11, why bill us? That infuriated me. She was able to call her manager on the spot to get me my refund. Service with the administrators here is the worst I have ever experienced. Their very little English speaking housekeeper is so much nicer. She greeted us with a big sincere smile. I am just not basing my review on housekeeping since we didn't really need their services. We take our trash out and make our bed. We really just dealt with the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side so you don't have to park in the back. Back alley near the pool...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Yasmin V

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I don't think it was worth the 55.00, Pillows can make or break your night sleep and mine was broken/ TVs are out dated by 10 years

1  Thank William M