“This is the hotel to chose when you travel to Sante Fe!”

La Fonda on the Plaza
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cleveland, Tennessee
“This is the hotel to chose when you travel to Sante Fe!”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Hotel staff was professional and accomodating to every need including a trip to local medical facility. We ate at the hotel restaurant twice; food was terrific. You won' t beat the location; you can walk to everything. This was my second visit to Sante Fe and La Fonda Hotel is where I will stay when I return.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This was a fantastic place to stay. The employees know the history of this charming hotel and share it. They know their mission and treat all with respect. The hotel has the greatest ambiance and is willing to accommodate and assist any of its guests.

Thanks to Dennis.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My wife and I decided to visit Santa Fe during our honeymoon and some friends recommended La Fonda. Upon arrival we were greeted by our wonderful receptionist, Brenda. She took such good care of us! We loved our room but I had something a little more "honeymoonish" in mind so I had my wife stay in the room and I went to see Brenda to ask her if she could help us out in any way. She upgraded us to an AMAZING room that my wife loved! We were so excited! It got better.....after a stroll downtown we came back to our room and found a bottle of wine and chocolates courtesy of Brenda. Thank you La Fonda and thank you Brenda for making this the perfect start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My parents had stayed here in 1950 for their honeymoon so I was eager to stay here for a business trip. The bathtubs are extra long, i didn't eat quail under glass as my parents did but I had awsome Mexican food. My son is a vegetarian and he had no problem finding entrees. The bottled water in the rooms was free which I appreciated. So was the Wifi. The beds were very comfortable. we had a great time.
I told Brenda at the front desk how happy we were and she suggested this review. I hope you find it helpful - it's real.

Flagstaff
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Brenda, who was on the front desk when we checked in, was terrific. She helped us find a room to suit us, dealt with putting the charges on two cards, and was very friendly and courteous. We stay at La Fonda whenever we are in Santa Fe and always have good experiences--nice location, atmosphere and great staff!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have stayed at La Fonda previously and love it! The old ambience is fantastic, the staff is incredibly friendly and the location is the best in town. I stayed there with my sister so we could attend the Mary Colter Weekend in conjunction with the Museum of New Mexico. It was great - I learned a lot more history about the hotel and Santa Fe and can't wait to stay there again. P.S. Try the green chili at La Plazuela - it's the best in town.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2011

In addition to its lovely historical decor and atmosphere, the hotel staff from the porters who greeted our shuttle, to the reception desk staff, cleaning staff, women in the shop, and waitress in the restaurant were all friendly and helpful. Having a clean coffee maker in our room was a delightful extra.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business