We stayed in La Fonda for 2 nights, having arrived late afternoon on our first night we didn't have much time to explore the facilities & town until the next day,
Our room was spacious and quiet despite being quite close to the lift. There was a fridge in the room and complimentary water.
We tried to go for a drink on the Bell Tower terrace but it was very busy & there were no unoccupied seats so we decided to go for dinner instead. This turned out to be a good move, the hotel has 2 dining areas, La Plazuela or La Fiesta Lounge (Mexican Buffet), we opted for La Plazuela & were fortunate to get the last table for 2 without a reservation, the service and food were very good.
The hotel has lots of character and little shops to visit, and is just off the main square in the town, so there's plenty to look at within a short walk.
We didn't use the pool/spa facilities, the hotel carpark was a bonus but comes at an additional charge.
We tried a late lunch on our second day at the La Fiesta lounge which was fine and plentiful, then we were lucky to go for early drinks at the Belltower on our second evening, here we enjoyed the warm sunshine pre sunset over a bottle of wine before heading out to sample the town's other establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico