This is a beautiful old hotel and the location simply can’t be beat. If you’re vacationing in Santa Fe and want to stay in the heart of Old Town, this is the place. Simply step out the front door and you are surrounded by the shops and restaurants on the Plaza.
We originally booked a King Suite but when we arrived we were informed we were upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite on the 5th floor – Suite 500. The suite consists of 2 separate rooms accessed by a small private corridor which leads to a huge private rooftop terrace. The suite is right next to the Bell Tower bar so we enjoyed the same beautiful sunset view without the crowd. Our rooms were clean, had comfortable beds and modern amenities like flat-screen TV’s.
The La Fonda is rich with history and has been beautifully maintained. Each room is unique with its own wonderful character. The whole property has an older, intimate feel that I absolutely love. Sure, it may cost a little more to stay here but it’s worth it. If you prefer modern accommodations, you will probably not appreciate the charm of the La Fonda and may be better served at one of the newer box hotels on Cerrillos Rd. But if you love the history and character you can experience at an older establishment, look no further – this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico