Stayed here for a few nights during a conference. From the Santa Fe airport, it's about a $50 taxi / $15 shuttle ride. There aren't always taxis outside the airport (and it takes taxis about 20 minutes to get out to the airport) so plan ahead.
Staff is very friendly and food (catered for our meetings) was very good.
Rooms are nice, but a bit small (mostly because of furniture placement).
I had a room on the 4th floor under the "Tower Bar" It was incredibly noisy in the early evening. People moving chairs over tile floors is way louder than you would think. I thought it was thunder at first. If I came back, I would check in advance about avoiding the rooms in this area.
Hotel seems to be in the middle of everything. Very convenient if you're visiting historic Santa Fe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico