Excellent location on the historic plaza. Parking is very hard to find in this area, so having access to the hotel parking garage is a big benefit. Our room #266 was in the newly remodeled section of hotel. The room was extremely small, barely enough room to walk around; however, the bed was extremely comfortable, had a lot of good pillows and nice linens. The bathroom had a very nice tile walk-in shower. The sink/fixtures were high-end and the lighting was good in the bathroom. The bath towels were large and newer. The TV reception was horrible, fuzzy on all channels. There was a Keurig coffee maker, mini fridge and complimentary bottles of water replenished every day. A lot of easy to access outlets for charging; however, no USB outlets. I was concerned it might be noisy in the room as it was surrounded by hotel offices and had a window to the street; however, it was very quiet. The room was clean and housekeeping came every day in a timely manner; however, the bathroom amenities were never replenished throughout our visit (four nights).
The hotel bar had excellent food (we ate there for dinner) and live country dance music every night. There were many of the same local people at the bar dancing each night in addition to hotel guests. The hotel restaurant also had excellent food - we ate there for breakfast.
This was an expensive hotel, but I believe it's prices are similar to similar properties on the plaza area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico