Stayed on 4th floor room w/ a balcony for 5 nights on a combined business/pleasure trip with spouse. The room was excellent, except it was very tight quarters -- even for just the two of us. We had to negotiate space carefully in the main room when we were both getting ready. There is a table with a chair, but it sits at the end of the bed such that when one person is sitting, the other can not cross from one side of the room to the other. The room has only a two drawer chest in the closet (which is good size), but no other furniture w/ drawers. The bed was comfy, the balcony was a great view and gave access to fresh air. The room had easy access via stairs to Bell Tower Lounge on 5 that was awesome for sunsets. Bathroom was good size with walk in shower. Amenities included small cube fridge, K-cup coffee maker, and free bottles of water, small chocolates at night. The hotel itself is perfectly situated for walking access to the plaza, Canyon Rd., and all the associated restaurants, museums, and galleries. There is a good jogging path close by. We parked a car one night ($15) and had in/out privileges. Wireless worked great, was free. Pool was in a tight courtyard and was smallish. All staff were very good, especially front desk when we wanted to check in early. Concierge helped us a few times, very cordial and informative. Did not eat on site, but heard from others it was very good. Would go back if I had to be in SF again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico