We stayed at La Fonda July 13 - 16, 2014. We like the location, right on the plaza, and within walking distance to Canyon Road for the art galleries and restaurants, specifically The Compound and Geronimo. We stayed in suite #502, the top floor, just a few paces from the Bell Tower Bar. The suite has been newly renovated with top quality furniture and fixtures. The suite reminded us of many guest rooms and suites that we've experienced in Europe. The bathroom was small for the two of us, and difficult for my wife's hair and makeup. We will return to La Fonda, and I'll probably ask for a room with a bathroom with more counter space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico