This historic hotel was renovated in 2013, and it is lovely. The location is superb for tourists.
It's a great place to hold a meeting. I was there for a conference of about 110 people, and the facilities and hotel staff were perfect for the event.
Something to watch out for is room location. The hallway will be noisy outside many of the 1st and 2nd floor guest rooms. The hallways on these floors get a lot of traffic due to meeting rooms, offices, pool, banquet facilities, etc.
When I checked in early, I was offered a 1st floor room directly across from the pool/spa, on a heavily trafficked hallway. I declined, and happily waited a couple of hours, until the usual check-in time, so that I could get a 3rd floor room which was perfectly quiet.
The reason I deducted one point: the free wi-fi is often very very slow:
This very slow wi-fi happens during the day if there is a meeting going on, when attendees use their phones or laptops, and it happens during the evening as well. It was not good enough for a Skype voice call, much less a Skype video call. Sometimes I went to the free "business center" on the 2nd floor to use their desktop computers, because they had a much faster internet connection. I'm not sure what the problem is -- maybe the hotel just doesn't have enough wifi capacity, or maybe it's because everyone is using a single easily-remembered password that doesn't seem to change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include no resort fee, Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. Upgrades such as spacious sitting areas, cozy fireplaces, separate living and sleeping areas, and balconies are available throughout the hotel. The Terrace private concierge level offers 15 exclusive, luxury-level rooms and suites built around a rooftop terrace with stunning views of Santa Fe. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Santa Fe, New Mexico