“Great room, great price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the size and comfort of the room. We were tired after a long trip and the room was comfortable and quiet. Will stay at this property again. The only reason I did not give an excellent rating is because of the disappointing quality of the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Despite the obvious busy facility on Memorial Day weekend with tournament attending crowd, the rooms were quite, clean, and the staff calm and collected at check in.The complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations, and sent us on our way with the feeling that we had gotten excellent value for our stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

As my husband and I entered the hotel, the sliding main door would not open. Julie, the hotel receptionist ignored us from the beginning, as we stood there couple minutes waiting for the door to open.
Instead of hearing an apology from her, she was rather rude and did not greet us....
As she gave us the card key, we said thank you. She did not respond with a "you are welcome"! Her behavior was completely unprofessional!

I would definitely not stay at the Thousand Oaks, Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Karinaroxy
Steve T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry you experienced anything other than what we like to call, "Knock Your Socks Off" customer service. I can assure you this is not typical. Please do note hesitate to call or write me anytime to discuss this matter. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thousand Oaks!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a great, centrally located, quiet place to stay while in town. My husband has mobility issues so we were offered a first floor room which we appreciated. We enjoyed the full breakfast and the complementary snack sacks!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Weekend of May 25th we had been evacuated from San Marcos...the fire burned up to our house. We had reservations but explained that our neighbor who would have taken care of our two well behaved French bulldogs was also in the evacuation zone, so we had our dogs with us and we still needed a place to stay because we were victims of the San Diego Cocos fire (our home was actually on the NBC Nightly News World Edition)! They said, "No way...no dogs allowed!" I explained to them that we had been evacuated in 2007 because of fires and we quickly retreated to The La Costa Resort who welcomed all evacuees with pets of any kind even though that was not their usual policy!!!! The La Costa Resort made us feel safe and welcomed! The front desk manager said, "No way!" I asked to speak to the Hotel Manager who took my call and I explained that we had been evacuated from San Diego because of the fires and asked if we could please keep our reservation for the night...my husband was working for the Amgen Bike Tour...Hotel Manager said "NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!" I urge anyone to avoid this hotel!!!!! How shameful that they would turn their backs and close their doors to victims and evacuees of a fire!!!!!!! Shame on you Hampton Inn Hotel Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank PegSanDiego

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel. We have tried to contact you directly to discuss who you spoke to at the hotel but the San Marcos fires occurred about 10 days prior to the stay dates you mention in your email and the Amgen Tour was also not the weekend that you mention in your review so we are unable to determine your contact information.

In our area we also experience fires and last year we allowed guests displaced by the Camarillo fires to stay with pets. In trying times we always makes exception so it’s important we determine who you spoke to or if perhaps it was another hotel unrelated to ours that you called. Again, apologies and your assistance in helping further investigate this would be helpful. I apologize for the situation regarding your pets and would like to discuss the matter personally if you could call the hotel and ask to speak to the general manager.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights while working in the area. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The shower had good water pressure. Free parking, breakfast & wifi included with the room rate. Premium wifi available at only $4.95/24 hrs for 3 devices. The staff was friendly & helpful. I will stay here again when I have work in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is nice and clean. Comfortable bed and nice furniture. The breakfast area is huge and inviting that make you feel relaxed, not rushed. Breakfast items are the tradition items that you will get at any hotel that provides breakfast. They have a waffle making machine which I enjoyed. Even thought the hotel is right off freeway, I am not bothered by the noise. Maybe it is because my room faces the other side. However, the AC unit is a little bit loud if you have to turn it on all night.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!