“Lazy Dog is Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar

Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 214 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thousand Oaks, California
“Lazy Dog is Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Very nice servers; food was good -- Great "comfort food"! The pastrami sandwich was yummy and the butter cake is always tasty.

Visited October 2013

LAHAINA MAUI
“Should have got a burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Things didn't start off to great, as they didn't have our reservation and the host was a snot about it. Would not have been a big issue, except there were 8 of us. They did seat us in about 20 min. Not too bad. Cool decor and vibe. The beat and goat cheese small plate was the bomb! Tomato bisque soup was good, wedge salad worth eating again. The chow main was an in-excusable mess! 1st they used spaghetti noodles! I was floored!! Were they just out of chow main...the dish is the noodles, and it was just plain gross, no balance of flavors...no real flavor...just flat. If there had not been 8 people with me I would have walked that crap to the kitchen and asked for the cook that made it! My daughter ordered the Moroccan chicken and since the portions are huge and I could not eat the chow main...we shared. Very good, nice spice and texture, I would order again. My hubby got the hot pastrami, the house made mustard was good...but wayyyyyy to strong. It was all you could taste, maybe they just need to use a little less of it. The accompanying slaw was very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I ordered the Ahi Caesar salad- Presentation was WEIRD, but tasted really good. Nice because you can bring ( a well behaved) pet onto their patio

• Visited October 2013
Elk Grove, California
“A Little Something For Everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really enjoyed the variety of food styles on the menu. Everyone in my group was able to have something they individually like instead of having to just settle for just one style of cooking.

• Visited August 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Terrific Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had lunch at the Lazy Dog. Our server, Cole, was very courteous, friendly, efficient and helpful. It’s a very nice local hangout with neat and clean nicely decorated booths and tables. Upon hearing that this was our first visit, they brought out a complimentary garlic-cheese flat bread appetizer. It was delicious. Their menu featured a chicken-BLT which my wife ordered sans chicken. I enjoyed a terrific Pastrami Sandwich. Her BLT was presented nicely on toasted wheat bread, prepared well and very tasty. My pastrami came on toasted marble rye with Swiss cheese and was excellent. Her bacon was done extra crisp as she had requested. We both had the coleslaw side dish and it was obviously freshly prepared. It was a thoroughly enjoyable lunch and the prices are very reasonable. By the time we left the place it was packed and that’s always a good sign.

• Visited September 2013