“Better than Average but Not Very good”
Review of Eggs 'N' Things

Eggs 'N' Things
Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American
Description: 805 497-1711
Description: 805 497-1711
Agoura Hills, California
“Better than Average but Not Very good”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch on a Monday. She had been here many times, usually with her friends, but this was my first time.
She had the Tuna Melt with fries - Very good - and I had the Ruebun on Sauerkraut with fresh fruit. The Rueben itself was good, but the Sauerkraut was too salty! Fresh fruit was rather skimpy in the amount... say, versus the amount of fries.
I would come back here.
Good value.

• Visited June 2013

Sacramento, CA
“Disappointing. Average food at best.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

The Swedish pancakes were outstanding but could be made better with real preserves on top. The corned beef hash was falsely advertised as "homemade". Imagine my disappointment when served dog food instead. The coffe wasn't that good either.
If this is the best Thousand Oaks has to offer, I'm out of here....

• Visited June 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“A local favorite, but don't know why.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We visited Eggs 'N' Things last spring on the advice from many locals who adore it. Arrived at 6:45 a.m. on Sunday morning, but they didn't open until 7:00. No problem -- we found a coffee at Starbucks across the street and waited until they opened. Strolled in and were seated for breakfast and then, 10 minutes later, were approached by the manager, asking us to take our coffee outside. We explained that we only had the Starbucks cups because Eggs 'N' Things wasn't open when we arrived. The manager graciously brought empty mugs for us to drain the coffee into so that we could throw the competitor's cups away. It was really weird-- a "we'll forgive you this time but don't do it again moment". Haven't yet mentioned the elderly folks jockeying for "their" seat at the breakfast bar. Apparently someone was sitting in someone else's "regular" spot and it became quite the show. Another bad.

Food was OK. Service fine. Just don't understand the loyalty to this place.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ohiofamily
“Start your day right!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Had a farewell breakfast with my dad here this morning, we were aware of the Camarillo store but not this one. It has the same high quality and tastee food that Eggs n Things are known for, a must eat at establishment! I just wish they had a location in Las Vegas. Best value for the money.

Ventura, California
“Wish it was open all day”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Love the place, love the service, and I'm not alone. It's been pretty crowded most times I've visited, and I wish it was open in the afternoon.

Visited January 2013