“Nice atmosphere and a good menu”
Review of Claim Jumpers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Claim Jumpers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: http://cj.takeouttech.com/orders/Startup.aspx?Cid=9&LocID=146
USA
“Nice atmosphere and a good menu”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I always enjoy a meal at Claim Jumpers -- the steaks are excellent, the seafood is good and there are several comfort food items that hit the spot. The desserts are ridiculous: one slice of their six-layer cake lasts me for days, and their apple-pie-topped cheesecake is to die for.
The atmosphere has a roomy and open rustic-lodge feel with oversized everything, yet it still feels a bit dark and intimate. Never had a problem with the service.

• Visited March 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Love this place”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The atmosphere as rustic and warm. The food, large portions and delicious. The Mmm, "i declair" dessert, superb. (Enough for guests at your table.) I love this place. We go there, whenever in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Calabasas, California
“Awesome Food, Service but Dessert was disapointing!”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have always loved Claim Jumpers. Since moving away a few years ago I have been on the East Coast, where unfortunately, there are no Claim Jumpers. The location in Thousand Oaks was great. We sat in the Bar area as it was still Happy Hour, As long as they still had a full menu we didnt mind at all. The energy was nice and the food exactly the same in the other areas of the restaurant. We order a few appetizers at the Happy Hour price, very nice. Nachos were just right. The main course of Steak, potatoes was cooked perfectly.
The staff wass attentive and our waitress and trainee were very on top of things.
My only complaint that drops this review down a point was a big one. We always came here because we loved the dessert, They were known for large portions like the Motherlode cake or the massive Ideclair custard dessert. We ordered it without hesitation to take home. When it came in the container I was surprised how small the bag was so I naturally looked inside. I was stunned that it was as small as an eclair at the grocery store for $2.00. I asked the waitress if she mistakenly gave me the small size. The eclair used to be about 12 inches long if not more. The one I received was about 5-6 inches. It used to come with a container of ice cream and another container with the whipped cream. The one I received was all contained in one small package.

I was informed they no longer have the giant eclair. How sad. The small one they gave me was $9.99. Way more expensive than the big one ever was! We took it home, disapointed, but of course still ate it. The excitement was gone and that huge draw to the restaurant has now downgraded our potential trips to Claim Jumper. Its slightly further down on our list these days!

• Visited March 2013
LA
“The whole experience was amazing”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our evening strated with a friendly greating from the hostess. We were seated and greated by a very nice waiter. The atmosphere was quiet and teh smells were wonderful. We decided to order dinner salads which were just perfect..right size and fresh produce. We then shared a plate of ribs which just fell off the bone. The seasoning on the meat, the taste, yum. The vegetables were so good that I almost ordered more. To end off our meal we ordered the chocolate cake, need I say more. The portion was so large that it could have fed our whole family so we brought it home to our girls which were exteremely happy.
In short great food, friendly service and a great price. 5 STARS

• Visited January 2013
So Cal
“decent place, good portion size”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

After spending the afternoon at the Buick Discovery Tour held at the WLV Four Seasons, we ended up here for dinner, as we had a later dinner than usual. Met our expectations, and wasn't crowded at the time, since many CJs will make you wait for a seat. Was tempted to eat at Umami next door, but given that we've had to pay burger for $11 back in LA, we decided to stick with CJ. Not bad, but even better if you can eat here during Happy Hour. Decent place. Also, this is the second time we've eaten at this particular CJ, as I had lived in the area a few years ago.

• Visited January 2013