“Unique bad uniquely prepared Mexican Cuisine”

Sabor Cocina Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor Cocina Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 215 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Amerikaner im Schweiz
“Unique bad uniquely prepared Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Truly uncommon. The menu doesn't resemble a conventional Mexican restaurant in North America, and this makes it all the more interesting. I've taken both Spaniards and native Mexican citizens here and they leave roundly pitched with a smile on their faces. Weeks later each has e-mailed me asking, "what was the name of that place again? I want to send a friend there."

Visited August 2013

Westlake Village, California, USA
“Weekend brunch”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great Mexican food and awesome Margarita's. Diverse menu offering seasonal items as well as traditional, simple Mexican faire

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Jicama Tacos and Guacamole!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the only place I have ever been to that serves tacos with the shell made from jicama--and they are fantastic. The jicama is sliced paper thin so it bends like a taco and is filled with chicken and mango sauce. They are the best!!! They also have jicama chips and the best guacamole ever. I cannot account for any of the other things on the menu because this is all my family gets....although the jicama may be out of season in the winter months. We usually eat in the bar or outside since the inside is a bit gaudy for our taste.

Visited September 2013
London
“Great Friday night experience”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just been here again and want to say how nice it was. We started off in the bar, met some friends later. We had a great little table in a semi-circle booth, very sociable. I love everything here, the decor, the food, the staff. The staff here are very attentive and always look smart and well presented. The noise level was also good. We have been to a few restaurants in the area lately where you cannot hear yourself think, but I noted it was just right here, lively enough but we were able to have a decent conversation without shouting. I think by US standards the portions may be considered by some people to be small, but I still find the entrees very filling and I would rather have quality over quantity. Plus, we did put away at least three bowls of complimentary chips and dip prior to the meal. The salsa tasted lovely and fresh and spicy. The absolute best thing about this place for me is that you can make an evening of it if you would like. They are more than happy to go at your pace, and we lingered over more drinks and coffee and weren't rushed out of the door as can happen in many places. It is lovely to have an upscale place to go to at the Lakes that won't break the bank. We'll be back!

• Visited October 2013
Thousand Oaks
“My favorite restaurant in town”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I am a local and have lived in the Conejo Valley for more than 20 years. Sabor is by far my favorite restaurant in town. I have had dozens of meals here and have never been disappointed. The ambiance is fantastic, food is perfect and service is some of the best I have experienced. The wait staff is passionate about the food and can describe each meal and give excellent recommendations... I cannot reccommend this restaurant enough.

• Visited September 2013