“YUMMERS!”

Sabor Cocina Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabor Cocina Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 230 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2014

what a pleasant surprise- we were expecting simple mexican and when the salsa wasn't red I was a bit apprehensive. DELISH- the entire meal was fabulous. We sat outside on the patio and watched kids in the park and ice skating rink. I had the fish tacos which were completely perfect. Only disappointment was the house margarita- while it was huge it was far from great.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We only go out for dinner for meals that might take way too long to prepare (challenging) or the ingredients are unique and hard to find fresh, like sushi. We have always made Mexican food at home because every Mexican restaurant has the same old stuff, no zip, no zing...meh. But not Sabor! Wow! I don't know how many times I heard my husband say how awesome it was. We had mex ceviche as an appetizer, specialty Margs which were huge, seafood chile rellano, and filet mignon tacos. With tip about $100 but we ordered two of the most expensive items on the menu. There are a lot of other items in way lower price ranges. Service was excellent, atmosphere very special. We will go back for sure. Finally, a great Mexican restaurant!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love this place! This isn't your typical Mexican food. The chef arranges her delicious food like an artist on the plate! Everything is great! It's a more upscale mexican food.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Truly uncommon. The menu doesn't resemble a conventional Mexican restaurant in North America, and this makes it all the more interesting. I've taken both Spaniards and native Mexican citizens here and they leave roundly pitched with a smile on their faces. Weeks later each has e-mailed me asking, "what was the name of that place again? I want to send a friend there."

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great Mexican food and awesome Margarita's. Diverse menu offering seasonal items as well as traditional, simple Mexican faire