“I've been to Italy and never left Thousand Oaks”

Vitello's Trattoria
Ranked #57 of 215 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Simi Valley, California
“I've been to Italy and never left Thousand Oaks”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to this fantastic little gem for a couple of years now, and I figured it was time to give them their well deserved accolades. The food is amazing. If you are looking for real authentic Italian food, then stop looking because we found it here at Vitello's Trattoria. My family and I have had at least half of the items on the menu, and it is a huge menu, and we have been impressed with every meal. The pasta, chicken, seafood and veal dishes are all amazing, and the Cannoli, which has to be a family recipe passed on for several generations, is to die for. The pizza is great. It's a mix between New York and Chicago style. A must have when craving good, homemade pizza. Also, I would say that at least 90% of the staff is the same since we started going there, and they all remember our names. That tells you a lot about a place. We just had our company Christmas party there. They did a fantastic job, from the food, service and even the ambiance. We could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Mitch and Cathy for turning us onto this place, and thank you Vitello's for all the great meals.

Los Angeles, California
“Run of the Mill Italian”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The restaurant is small but pleasantly decorated. The menu is quite extensive and the prices are reasonable. Unfortunately, the food is, at best, average. The entrees were not particularly well presented and while not bad, they were rather bland.

The service, however, was very attentive and accommodating. Although not a fan of the Olive Garden, I would return there before returning to Vitello's Trattoria.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank David E
california
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We just had a wonderful pre-wedding dinner for out of town family at Vitello's Trattoria. Vince was wonderful to work with, the room easily accommodated 30 people with room for mingling as well. The food was delicious (a special shootout to the Pizzetti di Stefano and Homemade Cannoli!). The staff were attentive and their service and the great private setting created a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all.

• Visited November 2013
Newbury Park, California
“Didn't Love it ...”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I decided to try a new restaurant locally. I love Italian food, it's not his favorite. We had the Bruchetta - the bread was a bit over toasted so eating it was difficult. The Eggplant Parmesan was just OK. It appeared that it had been previously frozen and then baked and the marinara was a bit too tangy for my liking. The atmosphere was nice although we went kind of early so there wasn't a ton of people in the restaurant, but I can see how when it fills up you can be too close for comfort with the people sitting next to you. There was something going on in the back room, sounded like a room full of teenagers, so it was louder than I would have liked.
The wine and beer selection is wonderful. I might go back and hopefully try something else, but at this point it was just OK.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank theinvisiblejet
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
“Good Italian Locally”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to go here for lunch. I had 3 of my kids with me. One had gnocchi, one had pizza and one shared with all of us. I got the eggplant parmesan and a Caesar salad. One of my daughters ordered garlic bread too. So, we covered a lot of dishes. I'm pretty picky about eggplant parmesan and I have to say, I really liked it and that it was served with angel hair pasta rather than spaghetti was a nice change. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered but, I wouldn't say it was extraordinary. It's a very pleasant setting and the service was very good.

• Visited July 2013