“Beaten doors..”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Mount Shasta, California
“Beaten doors..”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The door to my room was terribly beaten so much that when I shut it part of the door remained opened. The rugs were old, worn and stained. The smell was "cigarette" and this was a non-smoking room. Out of all the Motel 6, this rooms was one of the most unacceptable. The tub had a rip on the edge and it was really small. Okay, I realize this is a cheap place, but there are other hotels out there that are a little more costly and take pets. LaQuinta is one hotel that does not charge for pets. Nothing that feels at home is working with me anymore. I have been on a long road trip and have had enough of Motel 6. Please make your rooms more inviting Motel 6. You have a great idea, but you are too stark and cold. No more generic for me.

Room Tip: Service is friendly! When I arrived, there were cops at the hotel. It is one of the larger of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank amanda c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

we were very pleased with the facility over all, especially with front desk service. they are very nice people and they do care about their guests.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My daughter is staying at a motel 6 in Thousand Oaks Ca, she accidently locked her keys in the car. They are no help at all, asked for who to call they don't know! Called a locksmith he came out and charged her $40.00 to tell her she needs her key reprogramed,but keys are still in the car! He did nothing for $40. Now she has asked them for a screw driver, knife, or some sort of tool to get her window out NOTHING! Hope you never need a motel like this!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ca1369

Travellers are raving about these Thousand Oaks hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This place wood be just fine if it didn't smell terrible. I bought a bottle of heavy duty febreeze bc I didn't want to bother changing hotels but I wish I had. I can't get rid of the smell - its a combination of sweat and dog. Since they charge a dog fee they should actually use that money to sanitize and deodorize the rooms.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank rachael888
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I found this motel to be fine! It isn't a refurbished one, but aside from the gaudy bed-spread, the room was light and airy and smelt fresh and clean (it had a better smell than one of the refurbished ones we had stayed at prior) and has a much cosier feel to it. The bathroom is a little poky, but it didn't bother me. The service was great, the lady even called our room shortly after we'd settled in to make sure we were happy with it. Not on a very busy road, and if you have a room right at the back it's pretty much dead silent at night. Liquor store and various restaurants next door. I'd much rather pay a lot less and stay at this Motel 6, than almost double the drive and stay at a refurbished one, as nice as they are.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Moorpark, California
Reviewed 23 September 2011

‎Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South, CA is the WORST motel experience I have EVER had! I made a 2 week reservation, and when I was paying at check-in time, the front desk said I can pay for the first week now, then pay the second week at check out time or on the 8th day of my stay. Today (only my 7th day staying there) I got a call at work from them saying that since I did not check out at the designated time today, they are going to physically remove all my belongings from the room! I rushed over there (during my work hours) to speak with the general manager, who not only told me that it is Motel 6 policy to remove people's personal possessions after 1 hour of check-out time, but he's sorry for the miscommunication, because "I must have heard wrong at check-in time." When I asked to see the contract I signed, which when I signed it, there were NO DATES on there, and I told the front desk person if he will document the dates I will be staying there, and he said there is no need to. BUT when I saw the contract with the manager, there was a check in date of one week ago, and a check out date of TODAY! I would have NEVER signed the contract if I saw that it denoted only a ONE week stay. Regardless of the miscommunication, I still have NEVER been treated with such disrespect in my entire life by an associate, let alone the GENERAL MANAGER, and I will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 again. And this was a loyal customer, after several cross-country road trips, and well over 6 months of stays in Motel 6 on my travels, I will NEVER stay there again. You can keep the light off for me Motel 6!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PinkTillyVDAY
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Very clean, quiet, well kept. It is not a "Refurbished" Motel 6 but very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Motel 6 Thousand Oaks, CA? Share your experiences!