“Motel 6 Thousand Oaks CA”

Motel 6 Thousand Oaks, CA
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a beautiful Motel 6. The landscaping is very nice. There is an area to walk dogs that was right behind my room. The room was clean, & very quiet. This motel is in a good area, close to the freeway, & walking distance to In & Out Burger, so you don' t have to drive around if you don't want to. I will definitely stay here again. Price was reasonable, too.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room in the back building close to the pet walking area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank icemom2009

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were modern and nice for motel 6, the staff was very helpful, the only thing was the Internet 4.99 per day but they don't say that is per device we had 5 devices and only one could be connected to wifi

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room had a clean surface appearance but carpet was so dirty I wouldn't put my feet on the floor, the bed felt like concrete and the walls are so thin I could hear the people above me checking into their room at 2:30 am. The water temperature only reached lukewarm in the shower. Frankly, it was a last resort because nothing else in the area was available, we'll make sure we don't have to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AK2Mom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for four days while visiting family. The AC in the room did not work. When I complained about it on our checkout day (had also complained the day before) I was told that the rooms don't have air conditioning (in a VERY snotty manner) and that they have a "cooling system" that I didn't know how to use. When I asked the employee his name he responded that he wasn't going to tell me his name. I told him that I'd just call the corporate office and they'd find out who he was he responded "I know who you are" in a very threatening manner. Am considering filing a police report on this Motel 6 mystery employee who has access to my credit card number, home address and drivers license info. AVOID THIS DUMP AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry C
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I went here to escape the HELL of the nearby Premiere Inn (see "Worse than Terrible" review of that one). The management was friend enough. I liked that my car was parked directly in front of my room window. Room was clean enough and appeared to be without the roaches I escaped from the aforementioned place. Bottom line... I got to get some sleep

Room Tip: I prefer a room with parking outside the door
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here many times in the past few years on business. Not a good motel, but close to clients and cheap. Last year, i stayed here and had a drug addict try to break into my room. I decided to try again about a month ago to stay here. After an 8 hour drive of 450 miles i arrived only to be told to leave the property immediatelly. When i asked what was the problem, i was told THEY had cancelled my reservation, without notifying me, and to call the manager another day. No explanation. I was stunned. After scrambling around i was eventually lucky to find another hotel with a room at more than DOUBLE motel 6. When i wrote to motel6 customer service, i was
told "too bad, call the hotel manager". The manager said I had tried to INVITE the drug addict into my room and was banned from the property!!! If you value your safety and well being, STAY AWAY from this motel!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Don J
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I honestly can say I was impressed!! The place is not like any Motel 6 we have stayed in in the past with our dogs.. This place was nice!! The man at the desk was very welcoming and informative! The area for the dogs was very nice and clean!! The dog area is also enclosed!! I will stay again when in California!! The rooms weren't bad either!! Overall nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family