“Liked”

Motel 6 Thousand Oaks, CA
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Typical new Motel 6 room, clean, spacious, new TV, flooring, easy to find location.
Recommended stay with helpful and friendly staff.
There are a few resturants nearby.
The parking lot is massive so every traveler should get a spot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WelcomeMat

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the largest Motel 6 I have ever seen! The room was comfortable with plenty of room to get around, the floors were hardwood laminate and the decorating was nicely done. the beds were very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean! Landscaping was very nicely done and even though we were next to the freeway there was no bothersome traffic noise. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Stay here, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick855
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had given up on Motel 6s over the years due to a)many being dingy b)terrible if not non existent internet. THE GOOD NEWS: When I went in my room at this hotel, I said out loud: "Oh, my God!" It was so sparkling clean, so beautifully designed, so cheerful, from the shiny sparkling wooden floors, to the stylish little bed, color scheme and the brand new big screen TV on the wall. THE BAD NEWS: Motel 6 still insults travelers by CHARGING for Internet. Fair enough, I accepted that. I took the $4.99 faster speed versus their $2.99 normal speed (so you have to pay and could get a lousy connection but you CAN pay for an upgrad when you pay). I paid the money and spent about 45 minutes not being able to get on, talking with two techs on the 800 number. I finally went to the desk and asked for a refund on my internet, as a matter of principal. I MUST go on the Internet (I own a prominent weblog hooked up to Google News and 90 percent of my business inquiries now come on email for my entertainment biz) so I got up at 6 a.m. and went to Starbucks for the rest of the morning. I also got the DISTINCT feeling that I was NOT alone in my complaint about the Internet. EARTH TO MOTEL 6 and THIS HOTEL: Internet service is no longer an extra or a privilege. It is a RIGHT that travelers now expect. I always ask before I check in if their internet is good. I am always told it is. The ladies at the desk were extremely friendly, caring, hard working. They did nothing wrong. The owner of this hotel is making a big mistake. This internet was among the VERY WORST I have ever had. I can NOT recommend hotel with terrible internet unless I do it like this: if you need a reasonably priced and EXTREMELY CHEERFUL and nice motel, this is for you. If you need internet for business or fun, realize: it may not work. And they will CHARGE YOU FOR IT -- which about 99 percent of the motels and hotels do NOT do, even ones run by mom and pop operations. Would I stay there again. No. I don't like having to get up at 6 a.m. and go to Starbucks. I planned to do a syndicated column that night and could not do it because there was no -- not just bad or weak -- internet, internet I paid for. If you need internet, call and ask. If it doesn't work then yo uneed to get a refund on your internet and make sure you post a review. I may try this motel in the future and if the internet is working I'll redo this review. It was a nice place to stay but I was unable to do the business I assumed I could do in a city as well plugged in as Thousand Oask.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice. I think any room would be nice...unless again if you need to go online. The...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Los Angeles dog friendly hitels usually suck and I drove around to ten hotels and some even woth stellar reviews were pretty disgusting. I used to live in nearby Calabasas so I knew Thousand Oaks was a beautiful city. I was right. The staff was was friendly. My room was brand new with hardwood like tile floors and immaculate. I usually surface clean my rooms and this time there was nothing to clean! I listened to a previous review and got ba room near dog hiking area 152 and they even provide the little doggy bags.i loved my room and hotel. Free coffee in the mornings and clean pool.walking distance to Walmart grocery store and Saffron indian cuisine. Just off 101 so even though its farther out there are cliff driving scenic routes to land you in Malibu or dog friendly Leo Carillo beach in 12 minutes. I would say check here before you try any other motel, especially when traveling with tour dog. (No fridge or microwave and irons are at front desk but I paid less than $400 for entire week.)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank womansolo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a beautiful Motel 6. The landscaping is very nice. There is an area to walk dogs that was right behind my room. The room was clean, & very quiet. This motel is in a good area, close to the freeway, & walking distance to In & Out Burger, so you don' t have to drive around if you don't want to. I will definitely stay here again. Price was reasonable, too.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room in the back building close to the pet walking area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank icemom2009
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were modern and nice for motel 6, the staff was very helpful, the only thing was the Internet 4.99 per day but they don't say that is per device we had 5 devices and only one could be connected to wifi

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room had a clean surface appearance but carpet was so dirty I wouldn't put my feet on the floor, the bed felt like concrete and the walls are so thin I could hear the people above me checking into their room at 2:30 am. The water temperature only reached lukewarm in the shower. Frankly, it was a last resort because nothing else in the area was available, we'll make sure we don't have to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family