“Home of the Draughts... my kind of place”

Draughts Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #122 of 225 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Description: At Draughts Restaurant & Bar our commitment is to show you that this is truly “where great food meets great draught beer.” A well known neighborhood favorite hangout for adults, college students, and families. Draughts has been established in the Conejo Valley in the heart of Thousand Oaks for over 10 years.From our great draught beer selection to our pizza dough which is prepared from scratch daily, we believe in using the finest ingredients to create the greatest experience for our customers. Our menu offers a wide array of the finest pastas, fresh salads, homemade dressings, hand tossed pizzas, fresh seafood, along with your classic favorite American dishes.At Draughts we also offer our sport fans the greatest sporting experience. With over 19 HDTVs, every seat in the house is better than being at the game itself!Our friendly staff and our comfortable environment welcomes you to Draughts Restaurant & Bar.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While visiting my uncle in Thousand Oaks, we visited “Draughts” on three occasions. For lunch, my wife and I both ordered the Cabo Mahi Tacos, which were flavorful and satisfying. My uncle ordered the Fish and Chips, which he reported as “okay” though nothing particularly outstanding. The beer “menu” on the other hand, was extraordinary. Since I favor India Pale Ales, I was delighted to find a huge selection of IPAs on tap. (This establishment boasts of “31 beers on draught!” a little bit of heaven as far as I’m concerned.) Our dinner selection from the menu on our second visit included the Cucina Cobb Salad and their Summer Salad, both generously portioned and flavorful. Again, the beer selection was the drawing card. Our third visit, added two more to our dinner party. It happened to be a special Ninkasi Brewery Night in conjunction with the nearby Total Wines store. The place was packed! Our son thought the Total Domination IPA was very good, my uncle thought the Maiden the Sahde Summer IPA was disappointing, and I very much (twice) enjoyed the Tricera Hops Double IPA. Food was not our main objective, but we ordered a large “Draughts” Special Pizza (pretty good), their traditional Calzone (not remarkable), and a side of onion rings (pretty good). I have no doubt that we will seek out “Draughts” the next time were in Thousand Oaks. While I probably would not go there for the food alone, I found it a little above average for pub food, with a special shout-out for the generous entrée salads. “Draughts” is a friendly place with an excellent wait-staff and a very powerful selections of draught beers. It is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Great eats, and constant rotating selection of stellar craft beer. Great happy hour. Friendly staff. Must visit!!!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

If you focus on what this place does well, you absolutely can't beat it. They have a wider variety of draft (Draught) beers than any place between the SF Valley and Ventura. Their Happy Hour prices (3-6 every day) cannot be touched, much less be beat. Get a beer and Chicken Wings here and then walk across the street to Hooters and compare for yourself. They have regular tap takeovers on different weekends featuring breweries throughout California. The assortment of beers they have are constantly changing, and always reasonably priced. Some are great, some are not, but they're always fun to try. Their pizza, salad and sandwiches are great, too, but I go there for the football-watching and the draft beers. Do not miss this place. Say hello to Atlanta Mike and Dirty Blonde Jamie at the bar for me.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Good food, friendly owner/staff and great service. Raj, the owner, is usually there and a really cool guy. He knows a lot about beer and always have really great ones on tap. Draughts rocks.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I did like the beer, the atmosphere is alright and the food is descent but nothing to go out of the way for. I understand that they have many events there for schools and live music. I just wonder where they put everybody.