“Big disappointment”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #54 of 213 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Italian
Description: This is a new location close to The Oaks mall.
Description: This is a new location close to The Oaks mall.
Thousand Oaks, California
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have eaten at several Olive Gardens and when the one in Thousand Oaks opened my wife and I decided to give it a try. When I looked at the menu the photo of the Lasagna Classico looked so tempting and delicious I ordered it. When my order arrived it was a big disappointment it did not look anything like the photo there were three layers of pasta laying flat on in the plate as if someone stepped on it and covered the mess with sauce. When I cut into it I found that the bottom was layer was burned and dry. I returned the order but sad to say it was replaced with almost the same batch. If a picture tells a thousand words the photos lie at the Olive garden. What you see in the picture is not what you get. As for the taste it barley passed my expatiations. The pasta was over cooked and Lasagna looked like it sat in the pan for over a week and mozzarella cheese was not stringy and lost it consistency. I did not eat my meal. My wife's dish was just OK. When I went to pay the bill the Manager came over our table and comped the entire meal. I agree with CML342 the parking lot did have a foul smell.

• Visited July 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

First of all, the parking lot smells like sewer and septic tank. I thought it was just outside, so I ignored the smell and went in to eat. However, the bathrooms - especially the sinks - have that same disgusting smell. That really needs to be fixed.

The service was great. The waitress was really nice and showed us a lot of individual attention.

However, I must say that the food at this chain is really going down the drain. I ordered the Zuppa Toscano soup, which I've enjoyed for years, but when I looked at my bowl, I could tell that the soup was made hours ago and re-heated - the oil was starting to separate from the rest of the soup. The beef in my entree was not cooked to my specifications, and it definitely did not live up to their pictures and advertisements.

I will not go here again. I truly hope they make improvements and start making their food fresh.

• Visited May 2012