“Quality, Quantity and Price”
Review of Umami Burger

Umami Burger
Reserve with OpenTable
Umami Burger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 235 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 July 2013

First off, sit outside. We tried sitting inside and the noise level was about where you need to scream to be heard. Waitress was explaining about the restaurant & we couldn't hear her! After going outside (much better) , we settled in for our food. While the quality of the ingredients are excellent, at some point I just can't pay $11-$15 for a burger...not even with the best meat! IF perhaps it came with side dishes, maybe, but everything is a la carte...fries, side plate of pickles, whatever. 4 burgers, two orders of fries, one small glass of house wine and a tip for my family of 4 came out to $90...for "A Burger Joint"! Perhaps this works in Beverly Hills, but anywhere else, no thanks, I'd much rather spend my money at a place like the Habit.... Not going back!

3  Thank Stephen S

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We've been to this restaurant several times now. Having a 16 yr. old son definitely makes this a top choice (especially for him)! I'm not a huge burger fan but, have to say, I will eat one here easily! The meat is freshly ground, buns are freshly made and condiments excellent and housemade. I really like the way the meat is prepared since it's more on the rare side but, my kids will request well-done so, be aware that you can make special requests on how to cook it. I've tried many different burgers here and each one has been unique and very good. The fries are delicious- perfectly done, thin and crisp on the outside. My favorite dip is the garlic aioli but, there are four other choices and each are very good depending on your taste.

We have always had very good service so, I can't complain at all in that area. Personally, I think this place is on the expensive side so, don't come here if you're on a budget or you'll be shocked!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

The burger was good but the service was horrible. Took forever to get drinks, the waiter seemed annoyed with us. Very disappointed I was excited to eat at here. I had heard so many good things about it. Probably won't go back.

2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Umami us a small but growing burger chain with a very lean menu containing several designer hamburgers. The meat is of excellent quality and is recommended on the rare side. There are always a couple special sides that aren't on the menu, and food quality overall is good.
The menu is a bit pricey for what you get, and this is NOT the right destination for a typical backyard-style burger craving, but it has its own place in the food universe.
Overall this is a diversion from the typical burger experience and one worth at least trying for yourself.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We were heading out for a beautiful Sunday adventure. Went to Umami Burger at the Lakes in Thousand Oaks.
We ordered two different burgers with fries and onion rings. The sauces were absolutely fantastic. The burgers were done to our likening.
Service was great! Wonderful place to sit and relax.