“All time Favorite Breakfast Place”

Harold's House Of Omelettes
Ranked #15 of 216 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I love breakfast at Harold's ( preferably at odd hours, to avoid the crowds / wait). Parking is in a limited little strip of pavement just in front..otherwise- best of luck on the street). However, it is just the BEST breakfast place around. There are a gazillion omelette choices....although, the Mexican items remain the high-point on the menu for me. An old-fashioned, funky booth atmosphere - nothing fancy......with attentive service and hearty breakfasts. Cannot be beat !

2  Thank frequentflyerhome
There are newer reviews for Harold's House Of Omelettes

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I finally stopped in this place after driving by a thousand times. It is a diner that, as the name implies, serves omelettes. They also have burgers, hot dogs, and burritos. I like breakfast food all day, so I went for an omelette. They seems to make these in a skillet and serve them unfolded with the topping on the bottom, probably because it was flipped onto the plate. The eggs are really fluffy. Good food. Cost is around $12 with has browns and toast. A couple of outdoor tables, tables and booths inside. Service was good.

2  Thank Hitcher84
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We had read rave reviews on this place from trip advisor, but we were a little disappointed. The food is plain. There is a lot of it, but it's plain. I ordered the steak Fahita omelette, and my husband ordered the steak and mushroom omelette. They allowed us to substitute bread for a pancake, but the omelette itself was just big without having much taste to it. I suppose that if what you're after is a lot of food this might satisfy, but we did not walk away feeling that we wanted to come back for the food. It just wasn't that special.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Great omelettes, a family place, diner-style. Nothing fancy, but the food is always hot and tasty. Good luck getting a seat on Sunday after church...but that's just the sign of a great place to brunch.

2  Thank GraniteRN
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

Huevos rancheros = great. Enchiladas and tacos = great. Just can't bring myself to try the omelettes because the rest is just to hard to pass up.

2  Thank Jtreese