“always a fun place”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 213 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marmon
Description: The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant chain, offering a combination of great food, intimate atmosphere and interactive dining. The Melting Pot strives to help guest create memories through event dining as a destination restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering.
Thousand Oaks, California
“always a fun place”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

its fondue, keep it in mind. Always a lot of fun. I like that they have a number of cooking "oils/broths" available. While the portion looks small at firsty, it is more than enough without being served piles of junk and carbs. This place is perfect for couples or small groups.

• Visited November 2013

Windsor, Colorado
“It's the Melting Pot experience”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Four of us dined at this Melting Pot for a special occasion. The wait staff was pleasant, and we were seated quickly (we had reservations). The choices were the typical Melting Pot choices for soup, main, and dessert (if you've been to Melting Pot, you'll know what I mean). We started with beer-cheese soup, then had the fish, Angus steak, and vegetarian items. Finished with dark chocolate and fruit for dessert.

The experience was typical Melting Pot, and I don't have much positive or negative to say.

In my opinion, Melting Pots are priced high for the food product you receive. With four glasses of wine and three courses, the bill was over $250, Much of what you pay for is the time at the table and the experience. You aren't rushed to leave, and you can take a long time to enjoy your dinner and company. You pay for that privilege, though.

• Visited April 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The Starter and Dessert are the best part of this restaurant. It is a fun and interesting experience. The entrée course is only an okay thing for me. Unfortunately it appears that the wines are not being kept pre-chilled and therefore, the white wines aren't really served at the proper temperature. We had to wait for them to briefly chill it before they brought it to the table. They placed it in a bucket but without ice to chill it further. The last time we were here, the same experience happened to the guests at the next table. If they chilled their wines, it would improve the experience. What I really liked is that for special occasions, they do have some semi-private rooms that create a private eating experience.

Visited March 2013
Charlestown, Ireland
“Terrific service -- average food”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I'll begin by saying that you can't beat the service. Multiple servers per table, always on the spot to keep glasses filled and to ensure all is well.
The experience is fun, but it's difficult to access fondue pots that are not directly in front of you. I had to reach across the person next to me way too much. I finally settled for using only the favors in front of me. The food is average. For the cheese course, I would have preferred more veggies and less bread. There was LOTS of dry bread. The meat/fish course was very tasty -- if I just could've more easily reached the second fondue pot!

• Visited July 2012
Victoria
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This unusual restaurant makes you cook your own meat. No problem: it was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and quiet. One flaw was when the waiter told us that if my partner had any of my food, she would also be charged. What?....Come on!

Visited October 2011