“Very functional - good for my purposes”

TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Walnut Creek, California
“Very functional - good for my purposes”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I needed to spend time in the room working, so I really appreciated the small kitchen where I could keep and fix my own food. The hotel wasn't fancy, but very clean. I got a great senior price and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Suzanne-

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks. All of our suites in the hotel have full size kitchens including our studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. We look forward to welcoming you back. If there is anything that you need for your future visit please contact me and I will be more than happy to help.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel is fairly new and located next to Courtyard. Stayed just one night while in the area, and the room was fine for one night. The studio room is very small and has an odd layout. The continental breakfast was limited but nice to offer. The pool area was most disappointing only 4 chairs and one was broken. Overall fine but would not recommend for an extended stay.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on this website. We appreciate the honest and open feedback of all our guests. I am pleased to hear that you felt the complimentary continental breakfast was good during your stay. You will be pleased to know that pool furniture is currently on order and will be here soon.

If you are in need of accommodations in Thousand Oaks in the future, please contact me directly at 805.499.3111 and I will be happy to reserve a suite for your next visit.

-Amanda Parrish
California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I needed to stay here when our house was fumigated, it is relatively new in the last couple of years and so was in good condition. On the other hand the breakfast was very limited, the rooms had thin walls and roofs and it have very litte space - very disapointed wish there had been room in the Courtyard next door.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on this website. We appreciate the honest and open feedback of all our guests. I am pleased to hear that you felt the hotel was in good condition during your stay, however I wanted to address the issue of having limited space.
Since all of our rooms are suites and designed for extended stay occupancy, they each have a full kitchen, and this can give the feeling of a smaller living area. At the Towneplace Suites by Marriott in Thousand Oaks, we offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom options. The one and two bedroom options are very spacious with separate living areas. If you are in need of accommodations in Thousand Oaks in the future, please contact me directly at 805.499.3111 and I will be happy to reserve a one or two bedroom suite for your next visit.

-Amanda Parrish
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days as our Team came down to participate in the annual Cal Cup Field Hockey Tournaments. We were pleasantly surprised by a very friendly staff who also proactively asked us if we needed anything. Our room was very clean and I finally found a bathroom with decent lighting. The kitchenette was also what we wanted and everything was in good condition. The only thing (outside of the Staff's control) is that the walls are a bit thin; so noisy neighbors might be a bit annoying. The beds were comfortable as well. Hands down to a great Staff. Friendly, clean, and all in working order. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from connecting rooms and pool t.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
AmandaParrish, Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thank you very much for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay for the Cal Cup Field Hockey Tournament. We hope that the Tournament was a success! Our staff takes great care in making sure you have a pleasant stay. Not only are there full size kitchens in every suite, but also a complimentary breakfast in the morning to help start your day off right. If there is anything that you need please give us, a call and we will be more than happy to help meet your request. We look forward to seeing you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I'd give this place an 8/10.

PROS:
Close to the freeway but just far enough that we didn't hear any traffic noise
Room was clean, good shower pressure, kitchen well-stocked
Decent fitness center...even had a small unit for doing some weights
In N Out Burger a few doors down :)

CONS:
Horribly uncomfortable bed
Room decor is just starting to show a tiny bit of wear
Free breakfast was a bit sparse in its offerings
Internet was SOOOOO slow!

We would stay again as the price was great for what we got in return. We had family business to attend to in Simi Valley and the hotels there were horribly expensive and this one in Thousand Oaks was an easy 15 minute drive to Simi.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will return. We are very close to many local attractions and offer the benefits of suite style Real Living at a great value. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.
S Wales
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Stayed one night at a rate of $129 plus taxes.

Having driven 5.5 hours from San Jose the last thing i needed at 9:30pm was to find no-one on check-in with a little sign saying the staff was 'assisting other guests'. 10 minutes later the lady wandered up and repaid me politely expressing my displeasure at being kept waiting so long by allocating me an 'accessible' room. I'm a Marriott gold member. I'm not amused.

Exhausted I went straight to bed and was woken up in the middle of the night by the freeway noise. The next morning I discovered that someone (cleaning staff?) had left the window open an inch and that is why the freeway noise was so loud.

So a poor start and a poor experience. I haven't marked it down below 3 stars as, intrinsically, there is nothing wrong with the place. The internet worked fine. There is a basic breakfast included and the bed was comfortable enough. The shower was poor but i think that is because it was a hand shower in the accessible bathroom.

Next time I'll be back at the next door Courtyard if at all possible even though it is slightly pricier. I'll only be checking in here if the Courtyard is full.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank drc225
AmandaParrish, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks, CA. You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have implemented some processes at the hotel during busy weekday nights including two staff members to help aid in guest check-in and service requests. In addition, all rooms are inspected to make sure all windows are closed tight so there will be no disturbance throughout the night. I want to apologize for any problems you may have experienced, but we do take your feedback very seriously and will work on improving these issues in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel on 4 business trips of about two weeks from July-Oct 2010. I am planning to stay two more times by the end of 2010

Pros:
- Good for long stay, 13 days or more stay will cost you $89-$99 per night
- The support staff is helpful. I checked in at 2:30AM, 5AM in morning due to flight delays
- Good restaurants nearby (walking distance): AMECI Pizza 805-499-8300, Ali Baba's Cafe - Mediterrian, Seasame Inn (Chinese, 3-4 miles, good food large portions), Sharky - Mexican, There are couple of restaurants in same complex - Japanese, Italian. I tried Japanese, it was good. Other std options are In and Out, Chipotle, Panda express etc.
- Kitchen is good with dishwasher, microwave, std size refrigerator, utensils. You can buy grocery from nearby stores (Vons, Ralphs)
- Gym is good for hotel: Couple treadmills, one elliptical, one cycle, and one std weight machine.

Cons:
- Breakfast is not great. I am not huge fan of hotel breakfast, but still. It does not include any cooked food like eggs, pan cakes etc. They don't provide simple bread-butter (they have some kind of bagel and English muffin). It is okay for couple of days in a week. They provide good variety of cornflakes, 1-2 fruits (banana, apple), Juice, Muffins, Granola bars)
- TV is old. I am not big TV fan. I have 32" HDTV at my home. They have 20-24" std TV in room, but they have HDTV in lobby and gym.
- Hotel cleaning: For one of my stay, they had policy of cleaning room in 3 times a week instead of daily cleaning. They corrected it later.

Bottom line: It is good hotel at decent price for long term stay.

Nearby attractions for weekend trip:
- Camarillo Premium Outlets for shopping - 20-30 mins
- Hearst Castle - California State Park 3 hr drive
- Universal studio (buy annual pass if you are planning to go twice)
- Sea World San Diego is about 3 hr drive
- Disneyland
- San Francisco and Yosemite National Park is about 7 hr drive, but you can do it with some Friends
- Las Vegas is about 5 hr drive
- If you are Museum fan then two Getty Museums are good option.
- Beaches: Santa Monica Pier, Venice beach, Santa Barbara beaches

Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County? Share your experiences!