“One of the best restaurants that I have dined at.”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 219 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S Conejo School Rd
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I travel all over the world for business and travel. So I have a very varied experience with high end restaurants and foods, presentations, taste, and service. Mastro's takes the prize as being in my top 3 dining experiences.

We were a party of 15, celebrating two birthdays, two graduations, and just a family gathering too. While Mastro's specializes in steaks, we had several fish lovers an one or two non meat eaters.This was not our first visit. Perhaps our 10th visit. All were extremely impressed with the menu and service. No glass went unfilled. No dirty plate was left too long on the table. The service was prompt, and cooked to our specifications. Somehow one of our party was not mentioned on the "special event" on the special complimentary desert recognition, our waiter overheard some say something about that, and immediately a special personalized desert arrived. The waiter new us all by name, from past visits, and hovered around us as if he was our personal waiter.

Make no mistake, this restaurant is expensive, but well worth the price.

1  Thank Les S

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My first time here and it won't be my last! Raymond, our waiter was AMAZING - with wonderful suggestions. Started with a "bubbling" Lemon Drop, Tuna Tartar, then to incredible Rack of Lamb with cream spinach, cream corn and almond green beans...with a solo Profiterole for dessert. The portions are HUGE (yes, we had a bag with enough for two more meals to take home!). Had heard this place was comparied to Ruth's Chris, well Mastro's is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above that place in every single way...!!! If you want attention to detail in flavor, presentation, service and experience this is the PLACE! Highest marks in every aspect!!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

The sea bass is to die for!!!!! The service is quick and very professional. Prices are very high but worth each penny. Great for and great atmosphere!!!! It is a must for a special event!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I love trying new restaurants. This was one of the best steakhouses we have eaten at. The service was amazing. Atmosphere was terrific and cozy. We both had the steak which was to die for. My husband had the New York and I had the Filet. We didn't eat a bad thing. The side dishes were perfect and the bread basket was very delightful. We had the mushrooms and asparagus. Great wine and beverage selection to pair with your meal. My husband said the Malbec was wonderful.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The atmosphere at Mastro's is perfect for a romantic evening, a special celebration, or just to enjoy a nice evening. The quality of food is excellent and the service is just perfect. We love their seafood tower, which you get to pick and choose from many wonderful delights. Love their bone marrow, who needs butter with this one! The steak is always perfectly cooked to order and extremely tender. Love their creamed spinach and lobster mashed potatoes. Absolutely a must!