“Ok with pets, marginal room and service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks Newbury Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 15 June 2014

While we appreciate having the pet policy, the room was not as clean as should of been, and obviously the pet owner section is not as well maintained. Carpets stained, didn't smell the best, but beds are fine, and the bathroom was clean.

The management was average and overall it was just an ok place. I would try for somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Perhaps the poolside rooms would be more pleasant.
1  Thank GoodTimeBillyPeaches

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Horrible experience. My room was infested with fleas. I spent sleepless nights picking the fleas off my dog. Both of us were covered in bites. I had to take her to the vet. The manager promised to reimburse me the costs if I provided receipts. I gave them everything they asked for, and NEVER got reimbursed. That was six months ago! I've sent them letter after letter and got no response. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Every morning I brought a cup of the pickin's down to the front desk as evidence. First night I removed a minimum of 100 fleas. Second night, another 100, third night maybe 80 fleas. Sleepless painful nights. My entire suitcase and car became infested as well! I'll spare you the photos of my bites and the ones on my dog's private areas. The lack of integrity in failing to pay the vet bill gets them this rating!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GypsyBard
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The title tells you what I liked best. Overall very good value for what we paid. Complimentary breakfast had decent variety. WiFi worked well for me and it was free along with free parking. We spent two nights here and had a good experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very well maintained. If it wasn't for the Billing issue, this review would be excellent. I'm sure it will be fixed in the future. Sofa Sleeper was broken. I was offered a Roll away bed for my daughters. That was fine, they also took $$ off of my bill. Ended up being charged $$$ triple because of an accounting error. Taken care of after 2 phone calls. Yes, We will stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was our first visit here, and only an overnight stay... but... The staff is excellent... They treated us like old customers & friends... The room was small, but well done and comfortable... Nice pool area and pretty landscaped grounds...

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The worst experience I ever had. In my room 220, there was no internet connection in 3 days out of my 5 days stay. No one including receptionist and manager didn't helped at all. I will never stay there and will recommend no one to stay there.

Room Tip: Never choose this hotel; atleast not nearby 220, there is no wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SupriyoSaha2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

nice older hotel. A little on the seasoned end. Allows pets, lots of pets. Smoking allowed on grounds. Breakfast limited in variety and the same every day. Hot coffee available all day. Close to shopping and close (5 mi) to CLU

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family