It was my birthday weekend, so my husband and I at the last minute tried to book a 3-4 star hotel. All the places we checked, however, were sold out. So we booked a night at this Best Western Plus---and we're glad we did.
The front-desk clerk was friendly, efficient and helpful, and she gave us a great room on the top floor facing away from the freeway. The room was recently renovated--it looked just as polished as a more upscale hotel. The bathrooms, granted, are small, but the water pressure was excellent. We also had a balcony, so we could sit outside in the cool night air.
We also checked out a couple of DVD movies for free from the front desk, which was a nice perk, and breakfast was GREAT. A new tapas restaurant opened next door - TOI Tapas - and it also serves breakfast. The BW front desk gives each person in your party a $5 voucher for use in the restaurant. Most of the entrees are only $5, or you can upgrade for a more substantial breakfast --- I recommend doing so. The french toast with fruit chutney and potatoes was delicious, as were my eggs and cappuccino. Wow. And instead of typical paper plates, your food is served on thick white ceramic dishes, which you eat with real flatware and cotton (not paper) napkins. Our server was also SO nice! We will be back for a tapas dinner (and FYI, there is a happy hour every weekday).
Other pluses: Ample free parking. Free Wifi. As for downsides, I can only think of one: The pool is small, and it's near the freeway (although there is a pool that blocks some of the noise). We were too busy exploring Ventura and Carpinteria, though, so we didn't even have time to use the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the scenic Conejo Valley at the base of the inspiring Santa Monica Mountain range, travelers will discover a full-service hotel that is convenient, comfortable, and affordable. The Thousand Oaks Inn is surrounded by local shopping malls, movie theaters, public golf course, and a variety of restaurants and local attractions. When you enter the lobby, our friendly and caring staff will happily assist you in making your visit to the Conejo Valley more enjoyable and comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Thousand Oaks Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Best Western Plus 1000 Oaks Inn
- Best Western Thousand Oaks
- Thousand Oaks Best Western