“Great Renovation”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great hotel, even better since the renovation. Very good value for the area. The best free hot breakfast I've had. I use for buss travel, but plan to take my family there on a trip up the coast. My kids will love the pool & rec room. Staff is very nice. Comfy beds.

1  Thank Wes B

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the Palm garden for 9 nights on a family trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful in planning our excursions for each day. The location was convenient off the freeway and within an hour drive to beaches (santa monica, venice, santa barbara, malibu) as well as Hollywood attractions (universal, walk of fame, warner brothers). The grounds were very pretty with a couryard and large pool area. We got a room facing the courtyard which has a better view (the others face the parking lot). It was also surprisingly quiet did not hear much noise from the neighbors or pool area at night. The room itself was average, but for the price it met my expectations. It was one of the older rooms with some wear and tear in the carpet, wallpaper etc. We hardly spent any time in the room, so it wasn't a huge concern. The bedding was very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure (which isn't always the case in hotels). The room was also a bit bigger than your standard double queen that we have stayed at in other hotels. The breakfast was wonderful. I'm assuming it was made by the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It was definitely better than the standard powdered eggs and packaged danish that you get at other places. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, and make your own waffles, as well as homemade oatmeal with toppings and yogurt. The coffee was great too. Definitely a great value, we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a courtyard or pool view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Mamachef7,
Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. Guest reviews are our number one tool in improving our day to day operations

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am glad to hear our front desk agents were helpful in supplying information towards your activities in the area. I do wish the room was more accommodating. We will certainly address the concerns written in your review so we may continue improving. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was here for a month with an internship and the staff was wonderful! They were so accommodating for us all and so friendly, all the time! We were all so thankful for their character. As far as all of the amenities go, I was so pleased. The hot, continental breakfast was something I never grew tired of over the month's time span. The pool area was beautiful and so much fun. The business center was nice and quiet and you can't beat being able to use a printer for free! The workout room was also a fairly nice size for a hotel. I was very pleased! The room I was in, was very nice! I was very thankful for the comfortable beds and nice fridge we had in there. They are in the process of remodeling their rooms and from what I can tell, they've really stepped it up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a group of 20+ and not one of us had one complaint the whole month we were there.
Great hotel!

Room Tip: We had a few trips during our internship and I was placed in a different room each time I got back a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Ellen J ,
Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am pleased to hear your long term stay was an enjoyable one. The staff works hard to ensure your stay is free of complication and relaxing. Your rave review will be communicated to all property staff to remind them their hard work is appreciated. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

When arriving, we we're quite surprised about the elegant lobby and the nice pool area. But after taking a look at our room we realized, that this place is really just a motel. The carpet was old, with lots of spots and partly wet patches. There where a lot of stains on the walls and on the ceiling, I don't really want to know, how these got there. But after all, we were just going to sleep here, so we made the most of our stay and enjoyed the pool area and the wonderful sitting areas (including small fireplaces), which are located on the premises. They are working on some of the rooms, and some rooms seem to have no more carpets, but wooden floors and nice furniture. Would come back here again, but only if all rooms are upgraded and renovated.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin A
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed here with my family for a quick trip. At first pleasantly surprised... Nice pool area but our room was very old, dark and not too clean. There were spots on the sheets, mold in the bathroom, spots on the carpet, dirty curtains, cracks in the walls. We were very disappointed and only stayed for one night before packing up to stay at another hotel. Not recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank shinabeena
Reviewed 9 June 2013

In Thousand Oaks working at a local tennis tournament. The tournament selected the hotel, and although quite grateful for a room, I was not particularly hopeful. Wow, what a surprise! I would definitely not only come back, but highly recommend to others. Value for dollar cannot be beat here. Incredibly friendly, accommodating staff. Great pool with whirlpool and a large chess game area, and full breakfast included. Established property which has received comfy updated refurbishment. Piano played in the lobby, which had a nice chess table and opened into a great Irish Pub, "Brendan's", with a nice game room and great happy hour midweek. Although a stone's throw from the highway, our room was very quiet, and surprisingly clean. We had a microwave for heating up a late dinner, and although not needed, also an in-room coffee maker. I say this because of the inclusive full breakfast, and also the Starbucks right across the parking lot. Also across the lot is a fabulous Indian Restaurant, Saffron's, a Ralph's grocery, a gas station, a sushi restaruant and a Taco Bell for on-the-run fast food. There is a Walgreen's just across the street. Great week for us, largely due to resting so well and being so comfortable in this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Vic4tennis2,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. It is wonderful to hear we exceeded your expectations with our rooms, amenities and location. It is an honor for our staff to hear you speak so highly of the hotel. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

So I was skeptical about booking this hotel without knowing anything. I read reviews from here and decided to go for it. I was traveling with a family of 4 for 10 days so I needed something affordable and safe. I was pleased when we arrived to this cute hidden gem. It is conveniently located next to a small shopping center so u can buy groceries and last minute items at Ralph's. our room was really clean and staff was helpful. My kids loved the pool, my toddler had a section where he could stand in the pool. Most hotels pools are 3 ft but this one started super shallow and went to 8 ft. They also have a great breakfast area, warm food items not just cereal. The mall is close by, it is a gorgeous mall btw. It's about 45 min to downtown LA bc of traffic, sometimes an hour. We mostly went to the malibu beaches which is 20 min away with beautiful scenic routes. They have a gym, mini golf, and a business center for printing and computer use. The free wifi on all the property was also a plus. Book it, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyards are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel C

Dear Mel C ,

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am joyed to hear you had a great stay with us, and that your children were able to enjoy the 1 1/2 ft section of our pool. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!