“Lovely but Loud”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Seattle
“Lovely but Loud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. Two of the three nights the room walls were vibrated by the bumping of loud music and parties. The hotel was nice, but I would not go there again because money from the parties was more important than money from hotel revenue. They offered NO compensation for the inconvenience. Parties on the deck by the pool echoed throughout the courtyard. The lobby and courtyard were both lovely. I'm sure we would have enjoyed it, but the loud bumping spoiled our stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a courtyard room or you will hear the loud parties.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeattleHappytraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
OTTAWA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My friend and I were visiting from Canada to see his daughter in Thousand Oaks and chose this hotel because it is only minutes away from her house. We spent 4 nights from 17-21 July and were not disappointed. The staff are very friendly, Brendan's serves great food, and the pool and courtyard are great - our room was courtyard side.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ROBIN B
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have just had another fantastic stay at the Palm Garden Hotel and yet again we can't think of enough good things to say about this hotel and the wonderful staff. We were greeted with complimentary drink tickets to Brendan's Irish Pub (great for nightlife and excellent food) I had a corner room with views of the courtyard area. The courtyard looks like it would be great for weddings or outdoor space. The pool was huge and had life size chess. All of the staff we came into contact with in the hotel were fantastic, from the reception to the housekeepers who never let you pass without a friendly greeting. After a night out at Brendans Irish Pub the best part was the complimentary breakfast with waffles! When visiting Thousand Oaks we simply would not want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a Courtyard Room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a magnificent lobby and courtyard with a big pool and garden area for complementary breakfast. The breakfast was filled with people! Probably 150-200 people? There were noises from young immature partiers who were yelling and laughing, and neighbors who were so loud, high on marijuana. While in the morning, children were running around screaming....but I put in my earplugs and slept uninterrupted in the comfy bed. My bf did not have the same sleep and was kept up all night. You'll hear some traffic depending on where you are....like loud trucks...so to make this stay worth it, being earplugs! It's right off the 101, great location to breeze right onto the freeway. I love their choice of bed bath and beyond products in the rooms too! This is a great value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Miss C
Corona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great hotel, even better since the renovation. Very good value for the area. The best free hot breakfast I've had. I use for buss travel, but plan to take my family there on a trip up the coast. My kids will love the pool & rec room. Staff is very nice. Comfy beds.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wes B
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the Palm garden for 9 nights on a family trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful in planning our excursions for each day. The location was convenient off the freeway and within an hour drive to beaches (santa monica, venice, santa barbara, malibu) as well as Hollywood attractions (universal, walk of fame, warner brothers). The grounds were very pretty with a couryard and large pool area. We got a room facing the courtyard which has a better view (the others face the parking lot). It was also surprisingly quiet did not hear much noise from the neighbors or pool area at night. The room itself was average, but for the price it met my expectations. It was one of the older rooms with some wear and tear in the carpet, wallpaper etc. We hardly spent any time in the room, so it wasn't a huge concern. The bedding was very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure (which isn't always the case in hotels). The room was also a bit bigger than your standard double queen that we have stayed at in other hotels. The breakfast was wonderful. I'm assuming it was made by the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It was definitely better than the standard powdered eggs and packaged danish that you get at other places. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, and make your own waffles, as well as homemade oatmeal with toppings and yogurt. The coffee was great too. Definitely a great value, we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a courtyard or pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Mamachef7,
Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. Guest reviews are our number one tool in improving our day to day operations

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am glad to hear our front desk agents were helpful in supplying information towards your activities in the area. I do wish the room was more accommodating. We will certainly address the concerns written in your review so we may continue improving. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Respectfully,

Michael Reardon
Front Office Manager
Brandon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was here for a month with an internship and the staff was wonderful! They were so accommodating for us all and so friendly, all the time! We were all so thankful for their character. As far as all of the amenities go, I was so pleased. The hot, continental breakfast was something I never grew tired of over the month's time span. The pool area was beautiful and so much fun. The business center was nice and quiet and you can't beat being able to use a printer for free! The workout room was also a fairly nice size for a hotel. I was very pleased! The room I was in, was very nice! I was very thankful for the comfortable beds and nice fridge we had in there. They are in the process of remodeling their rooms and from what I can tell, they've really stepped it up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a group of 20+ and not one of us had one complaint the whole month we were there.
Great hotel!

Room Tip: We had a few trips during our internship and I was placed in a different room each time I got back a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Ellen J ,
Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. It is through words such as yours that our management team can create new and more rewarding experiences for all guests of The Palm Garden Hotel.

We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless. I am pleased to hear your long term stay was an enjoyable one. The staff works hard to ensure your stay is free of complication and relaxing. Your rave review will be communicated to all property staff to remind them their hard work is appreciated. On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Respectfully,

Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!