“clean and cozy rooms”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Palm Garden is a gem in Ventura county. The renovations show well. Very comfortable stay. Clean rooms and amazing staff. Breakfast served every morning and its complimentary. Pool is huge and clean. When visiting the area, will be my choice again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Jamdodgers,

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. We value the review of your most recent stay with us, and through these reviews look for ways to improve every guest's stay with us.
I am happy to see you enjoyed our rooms and found the renovation to your liking. I am excited to hear you were able to enjoy our heated pool during your stay.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We held my husband's 80th birthday party at the hotel with guests staying there from both the northern and southern parts of California and Arizona. The entire property is delightful and clean.The planning was handled very efficiently and the party went off without a hitch. The food with prime rib and turkey carving stations was delicious and the servers knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Following the dinner many guests retired to the outside patio, playing music and singing around the fire pit and visiting into the night. The grounds are lovely with a gazebo and many pieces of sculpture throughout the property. We had 40 guests and have received many nice comments from them regarding the Palm Garden.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Nora J,

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless.
I am glad to hear that your event and stay with us met your expectations. I will relay your positive marks to both the sales and catering staff. We find every event to be a rewarding challenge that we take pride in flawlessly hosting.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I don't usually stay at hotels like this (normally stay at larger chain hotels), but was pleasantly surprised. The inner courtyard is nice and there was a good outdoor seating area where I relaxed in the nice evening weather one night with a friend. The breakfast was good with cheerful staff helping keep everything refilled. I asked a lot of questions of the hotel reception and got a good restaurant recommendation in Malibu. The pub that was attached had good food (tried the blackened fish taco...) and the wait staff was very nice. My only strong recommendation is to ask for a courtyard room as anything that faced the highway would likely be loud based on the constant traffic. If you are OK with the walkout style rooms as opposed to internal with hallways then I think you will like this little gem.

Room Tip: Definitely courtyard. Don't stay on the highway facing rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear PDM-CEO,

It looks like you asked the right questions and we are always happy to help. I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful courtyard grounds and Brendan's food as well. I do agree an upgrade to our Courtyard rooms does allow our guests to experience the serenity of our property.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great value for the area. Rooms are not luxury. But, clean & comfy. Really good hot breakfast included. The grounds are 'woodsy' which give a resort-like feel. I didn't use the pool/spa/work-out room this time, but looks nice. I'll definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wes B
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Wes B,

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all our hotel has to offer. I sincerely hope you are able to enjoy our pool area during your next visit and get to enjoy our poolside service provided by Brendans.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was our second stay at the Palm Gardens -- and what a difference from our last visit. While the grounds are lovely and well kept up, the room was infested with ants, the wrong sheets were on the bed and kept coming off in the night, the AC was very loud, clicking on and off waking us several times. The room was worn, and there were several extension cords snaking haphazardly around the edges of the room. Most of the problems seemed the result of either poor housekeeping training or supervision, and with a little effort could be fixed.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn across the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackconly

Dear Jackconly,

I am saddened to hear your most recent stay with us was not as enjoyable as your last. I sincerely apologize for the conditions of the room and assure you every available measure has been taken to correct those flaws.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Amy & Emma are absolutely amazing! They go above and beyond to make u feel welcome & at home! N the hotel grounds are to die for! The rooms r so cute n have a great set up! I will b staying at this hotel only! I highly recommend you do too!

• Stayed: December 2013
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Auva,

It is a great reflection on our hotel when someone has such kind words as yours. We will make sure to pass on the glowing review of our staff's efforts and reward them appropriately.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have mixed feelings about our stay. It started out wonderfully. It's a very nice location, right of the freeway, Starbucks and grocery store next door. Brendan's Irish pub does amazing food and has great service. The hotel is more like a motel but with free parking, breakfast included, fridge in the room. The rooms are nothing exceptional but more than adequate. The grounds are simply wonderful with a heated pool and spa, lots of seatingspace (with heating at night). The gym is free of charge and has quite a few workout machines. It's about a 45 minute drive into Los Angeles and just 15 minutes from the Camarillo outlets if you want to do some outlet shopping.
My mixed feelings stem from the last night at this hotel. We arrived at our hotelroom to find the door wide open and lights on inside. We immediately checked and thank goodness all our things were still there and nothing was missing. At reception they thought it was probably housekeeping who had left the door open by accident. Since we came back at 11 pm this means the door of our room with all of our stuff in there (including our camera gear and laptop since we had just photographed a destination elopement on Curacao) had been open for hours on end.
We received sincere apologies from the front desk and a $5 Starbucks gift card. Nothing was missing so we didn't want to kick up a storm but I do feel other measures should have been taken in this case since it freaked us out big time.
Had this not happened, I would have loved to return to this place but now, I really won't. I highly value my belongings being safe in a locked hotelroom and here I'd never be sure of this again. Unfortunately.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anouschkar
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Anouschkar,

I would like to apologize that your door was left open in your absence. We do pride ourselves on the safety and security of our guests and that is unacceptable. Our Director of Facilities and myself are investigating the mishap to ensure it does not happen again. I am thankful none of your belongings were out of place and that you enjoyed the majority of your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!