“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The front desk was courteous and very helpful. Daniel printed us a map and directions to a restaurant we inquired about. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection and the staff was courteous as well. This was our second stay and will come again. Easy access to the freeway and convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Rita M,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com. We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless.
Welcome back! I am glad to hear that Daniel along with the rest of our staff was helpful and made your experience an enjoyable one. We hope to continue providing excellent service for everyone of your future stays.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay at the Palm Garden Hotel while on a mini road trip. A very impromptu decision after seeing that several hotels in the area were sold out and were ~$200 I didn't feel like spending so much on a hotel we were literally just going to sleep in for a few hours. I saw on Hotels.com that Palm Garden was available for $120 and had a continental breakfast so I figured why not? The pictures looked pretty decent online.

Upon our arrival we saw that Brendan's Irish Pub was connected to the hotel and was very much a happening place on a Friday night. There was also a group in front of us literally carrying bottles of alcoholic beverages so I literally looked at the husband and said our room better not be next to some party animals! Haha. I mean I'm not in Vegas people but apparently, while checking in we saw pictures of weddings held at the Palm Garden so putting 2 and 2 together I guess this place is a party hotel!

Justine D. at the front desk was very helpful and our room was located opposite of Brendan's. (which btw is very loud at night and is another review in itself...it literally becomes a dance club at night)

The rooms are a bit dated but are clean. The mini fridge in our room was broken luckily I didn't think that was that big of a deal. The bathroom on the other hand looked like a mess. Dated and rusted. They did have Bath & Body works toiletries.

The highlight of our experience though was their continental breakfast which included scrambled eggs, waffles, and sausage. Pretty good for me!

This was probably a one time experience for me since I don't know when I'll ever happen to be in the area again but the overall experience was ok. This place a wedding venue so it does have some pluses. If you need a place to sleep try a night at the Palm Garden. Location is convenient right off the freeway and located by a Ralph's, Starbucks, Walgreens, and Walmart!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Christine D
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear ccdomingo,

I am glad that Justine made your check-in experience a memorable one. Our bathrooms are in the process of being renovated and we do apologize that was not a highlight of your stay. Our breakfast is designed to give you the fuel you need to take on the day, and I am happy to see it provided you just that.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived late and we're given 2 complimentary drinks at the pub as well as bottled water. The room was immaculately clean. Very comfy king bed with oh so soft pillows. The quiet garden facing rooms made for an excellent nights sleep. Lovely and well stocked hot buffet breakfast was included. All in all a great value.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Susan D
Dear Susan D,

I am glad to hear we provided a wonderful night of rest on our comfortable beds. As well as our breakfast giving you the fuel to enjoy the rest of your day.

Westbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were travelling from San Diego to see a friend in Thousand Oaks and only booked for one night, but two rooms, one of which had to be a pet room. The pet room was on the outside and the second was facing the courtyard, but both first floor. It appears that all the pet rooms were on the outside, but the staff on reception placed the two rooms as close as they could.

Unfortunately we live in Rancho Bernardo close to where the first fires broke out in May and it was touch and go whether we would be able to make it. At one stage they closed the portion of motorway that we were on and all we could do was keep in contact with the hotel to provide progress reports. To say they wee accommodating was an understatement and told us that if we had to cancel there would be no charge as it clearly wasn't our fault.

We finally made it early evening and didn't want to go far for a meal so used the Irish pub on site. The staff made us and the dog very welcome and the food was truly excellent. We were also given a complimentary drink by the hotel.

The rooms were good and although it was nice to overlook the courtyard I can understand that if there was a party or people by the pool late at night it could be a bit noisy, as others have suggested. For our trip it was fine and the pet room was certainly not of an inferior standard and also quiet.

I had read about the wonderful breakfast, but as a vegetarian, there weren't a lot of options. My fault possibly for not mentioning this. The staff filling up the breakfast buffet seemed a little stressed, which may be why the other members of our party found that certain items appeared in short supply and not quite the feast we had read about, although certainly adequate.

The reception staff certainly went the extra mile to help us and knowing that our return journey was not going to be a piece of cake, provided extra water for the journey, a thoughtful touch.

As everyone comments the grounds are lovely and the pool. They are still refurbishing some of the rooms, but the ones we had were clearly finished. We would stay there again and are happy to recommend the staff and standard of accommodation.

Accidentally clicked the spa rating and couldn't get rid of it, did not use this facility if there was one.

Room Tip: Courtyard unless it's the height of the season.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear BRoberts92,

I am happy to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and we were able to accommodate the whole family, including the furry ones. We do our very best to maintain a peaceful and quiet environment, while keeping a lively property.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice and mostly clean. There were about 10 ants in our bathroom at any given time but I did not give much thought to it, as it is California and there are usually a few stragglers wherever you go.
However, when I went to my car this morning, which was parked in their lot, I found HUNDREDS OF ANTS in my car. All over my new seat covers, my steering wheel, the dashboard, everywhere. The manager, Steve, refused to admit that the ants came from his parking lot and when I let him know that it was so bad I would need to fumigate and get my car professionally cleaned (not to mention replace certain items that had to be thrown out because there were just too many ants on them), he offered absolutely no compensation....not even an apology!
I like to stay at smaller, family-owned places because I like to patron small businesses, however, I will never stay there again. My car now reeks or Raid (not provided by them, of course), and I will incur about another $100 of fees trying to get the ants out.
The ants came from his parking lot, I have never had an ant problem in the past, nor did I even have any food or anything in my car. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. They will tell you, quite rudely, that the ants did not come from them and that even if they did because they are in their parking lot, they are not responsible for damage to your vehicle.
Additionally, Steve claimed that there has not been an ant problem there in 2 years. However, if you check sites like yelp, you can see complaints about ants as recent as 12/13. Very disappointed and disgusted in the ants and service.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Krolls3
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Krolls3,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory due to the ants which were found in your car. It is unfortunate that the ants found themselves in your vehicle at all. We work closely with pest control and take every measure available to reduce ants at our property. Unfortunately, ants outside is common in California. We wish our Housekeeping Supervisor was able to do more to assist you in removing them from your car and preventing the need for professional cleaning.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope you consider staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a few nights. The staff was friendly and helpful... Even gave us a couple free drink coupons each night for the connected Brandons Irish Pub. The rooms were clean and it looked like they had done some remodeling... but have more to do still.

If you are in the area and want to save a few bucks on the hotel this would be my number one choice. There are nicer hotels in the area but not at this price point.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear tpowell70,

I am glad that you and the family found our accommodations to your liking. We strive to provide the best experience with as many options at a reasonable price. We are very close to completing our renovations and look forward to your return so you may enjoy everything we have to offer.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great deal and will definitely stay here again. Perfect location, very well priced, gorgeous pool and outside areas, good breakfast. Incredible Indian restaurant literally across the parking lot.
Far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank lemurz2007
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear lemurz2007,

We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and it is refreshing to hear we have done just that. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit the local restaurants.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!