“Cute property and common areas! Decent rooms! Great connected bar!”
Review of Palm Garden Hotel

Palm Garden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The common areas look to have been upgraded recently! There's a pool/patio area in the center of the hotel with grass, palm trees, a pool with a giant chess board and the patio area has more modern outdoor seating with a fire pit and is really nice a relaxing. The lobby itself is really nice and seems to have been renovated recently as well along with entire the property. The rooms were nice. They were outdated although boasted a newer tv. It had a big stain right in front of where the door is when we walked in but it was clean, had somewhat newer furniture, new windows, shutters and ac. Actually the only part of the room that was really outdated was the bathroom/vanity area. The beds were really comfortable, nice quiet location that is close to restaurants including the vegan one we visited twice called The Rabbit Hole(I'll review this one as well). We were really loud and stayed up all night and there were no complaints, walls are thick so no problems there. Great price and I would definitely stay here again! We called front desk to get more towels and coffee in the morning and they were extremely fast with supplying them...Also had a great bar/nightclub/pool hall connected to the property thru the lobby, omg! I love this place! It was really unique, big and there was kind of something for everyone. We had a blast! Gave 4 stars because the rooms were good not great, could have been better.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room close to the pool facing the inner side of the hotel. Room 101. Was fine w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Vanessa R,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is truly great you were able to enjoy our common areas and amenities as you did. I do wish our rooms were able to hold your favor as well. We are constantly looking to improve all areas of our hotel, and are happy to announce brand new carpets are at the top of the list. Just behind that is our bathrooms, we hope to begin shortly on both projects. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 12 days in a courtyard room which was great. Pool is a good size and usually quiet in the day time but gets busier in the evenings. Great location- close to a large grocery store and there was a few restaurants nearby. Also a brilliant location for the Thousand Oaks Mall which is a 5 minute drive away with a huge range of shops and restaurants.

Staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed the waffle machine at the breakfast however the other breakfast choices seemed pretty basic.

Weekdays appear to be much quieter than the weekends at this hotel. We did stay here whilst there seemed to be a large baseball function on which was quite loud and meant there was lots of kids around however the rest of our stay was fantastic and I would definitely revisit.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KendallMaree
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear KendallMaree,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is fantastic that you enjoyed your almost two week stay with us! We did have several teams stay with us over the last couple weeks. It was great to offer a place for the kids to cool off after multiple games in a day. More importantly, I am happy to see you were able to enjoy our amenities during you visit.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope you stay with us again during your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was impressed by the lobby and the grounds were ok. But when I saw the building up close it was not what the website pictures portrayed. Filthy carpets and wrinkled sheets made me hesitant. It was awful. Motel 6 is prob cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 1Traveler14
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear 1Traveler14,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is great we were able to catch your eye at first. However, unfortunate we weren't able to follow through with a satisfying stay. I truly wish to apologize that our room was not up to your expectations and led to an unsatisfactory accommodation. We have been diligently working to replace worn carpet on our property.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope you consider joining us again during your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We always stay at the Palm Garden when we visit our family members who live in California. It is very quiet and peaceful place to stay a night or two. They have free wifi, a great restaurant and pub on site and breakfast was included in the rate. It is our go to hotel.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Craig F,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
Thank you very much for being a faithful patron with us! It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoy all the aspects of our property. As a top contributor, we would love to hear what we can do in your opinion to exceed your already fantastic ratings. We truly take into consideration every guest's experience and opinion when looking towards future renovations and changes.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Were in the area and looking for a last minute room and every hotel from Ventura to Thousand Oaks was sold out except for the Palm Garden Hotel. They had 1 room left. Very nice comfortable room overlooking the beautiful pool and lush grounds. Front desk staff was friendly. Complementary drink tickets are offered if you plan on eating at the attached restaurant. They do offer a very limited complimentary breakfast that left a lot to be desired, but you can't beat sitting outside on the beautiful patio area sipping coffee. Would definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gwen H
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear AZfamily9,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I am thankful we were able to accommodate you while you were in the area. I am glad to see you were also able to enjoy our property and helpful staff. We do take pride in our complimentary hot breakfast, and do wish you were able to enjoy it more.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Found this hotel last minute, its quite small, has very friendly staff very welcoming on arrival, the rooms are old but well maintained, good sleep quality in the bed.It has a small pool but just the right size and a hot tub. excellent free breakfast this alone would make me book here again if I was in the area, it also has an Irish bar attached which serves good food and drinks. the big plus for me was just over the car park was an Indian resteraunt.

Room Tip: make sure you get an inside pool view room preferably second floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear john h,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I am pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and our staff welcoming. We take great pride in our pool and it is great to see our guests enjoying it. It is fortunate you found us and we truly hope you find us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was had a room reserved because it was a pet friendly hotel. After along for an early check in, I was told I'd have to call back on the day of my check in to see if they could accommodate my request.

I called multiple times over the course of the morning to check for early check in availability. I let them know I would be bringing my pet with me and want going to leave him in the cat on an 87 degree day.

I finally called and talked to Katelyn. She told me they had a room available, I told her I'd be there in 45 minutes.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by Micheal who informed me there were no rooms ready for check in.

It is now 1 pm and I'm forced to sit in my car with the a/c blasting until 3 pm, when I was informed my room would be ready.

I was looking forward to my stay here, but so far, my experience has me regretting my decision to book here.

I will be updating this upon check out.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank traveleverwheres

Dear traveleverwheres,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is unfortunate we were unable to accommodate your early check-in request. Unfortunately, early check-ins can be difficult after a sellout night. Despite our best efforts, we were not able to get you the early check-in, for that we do apologize. Hopefully you were able to enjoy all of our amenities and complimentary breakfast that we offer during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
2 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!