“great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Elgin
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here for a week while traveling for work. Arrived late and was checked in by Michael who was pleasant and informative. The room was comfortable, I had a room facing the courtyard. There is a nice pool, gazebo and sitting area with firepits. It was quiet. Bed comfortable allowing a good nights rest. Breakfast was very good, no powdered eggs here. An Irish restaurant/bar is connected with the hotel and provides room service. The only issue I encountered was the doors don't close fully unless they are pulled shut. One day I happened to go back to the room after breakfast and found my door wide open. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told management was aware and was planning on fixing the situation. Overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, AGM at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear jhd1966,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
Thank you as well for the mention. It is our goal at the front desk to make sure our guests receive a warm, welcoming and informative check-in. We are proud of the amenities we offer and wish every guest the opportunity to take advantage of them. Aside from the situation with the door, which we have addressed, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. Have a wonderful day!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. Nice rooms. Clean. Friendly front desk. Sufficient parking.
Did not use the pool. The Oaks shopping mall was close by. Also visited Santa Barbara and on our way back to hotel we made a quick stop at the Camerillo premium outlet.

Stayed August 2014
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Dem_Bet_Jhe,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I am glad that you had a good stay with us and were able to enjoy the area. We wish you had an opportunity to relax poolside and unwind as well. Hopefully, we will see you in the future and you'll have a chance to do so.

Cupertino
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The guests were quite nice and I liked how there was a plague displaying employees of the month and the year. The room was cute although the bathroom was really small and in the same room as the closet. I did not succeed in finding the fan in there. The experience was really nice and I would be fine in going there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie M
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Annie M,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I am happy you were enjoyed your stay with us and found our privately owned hotel unique. We have a very hard working staff who everyday strives to bring the very best guest experience they are able to provide. For that we wish them recognition, not only from management, but more importantly our guests. I truly hope you do visit the area in the future and hope we can earn that 5 rating from every happy patron.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The common areas look to have been upgraded recently! There's a pool/patio area in the center of the hotel with grass, palm trees, a pool with a giant chess board and the patio area has more modern outdoor seating with a fire pit and is really nice a relaxing. The lobby itself is really nice and seems to have been renovated recently as well along with entire the property. The rooms were nice. They were outdated although boasted a newer tv. It had a big stain right in front of where the door is when we walked in but it was clean, had somewhat newer furniture, new windows, shutters and ac. Actually the only part of the room that was really outdated was the bathroom/vanity area. The beds were really comfortable, nice quiet location that is close to restaurants including the vegan one we visited twice called The Rabbit Hole(I'll review this one as well). We were really loud and stayed up all night and there were no complaints, walls are thick so no problems there. Great price and I would definitely stay here again! We called front desk to get more towels and coffee in the morning and they were extremely fast with supplying them...Also had a great bar/nightclub/pool hall connected to the property thru the lobby, omg! I love this place! It was really unique, big and there was kind of something for everyone. We had a blast! Gave 4 stars because the rooms were good not great, could have been better.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room close to the pool facing the inner side of the hotel. Room 101. Was fine w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Vanessa R,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is truly great you were able to enjoy our common areas and amenities as you did. I do wish our rooms were able to hold your favor as well. We are constantly looking to improve all areas of our hotel, and are happy to announce brand new carpets are at the top of the list. Just behind that is our bathrooms, we hope to begin shortly on both projects. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Moorpark
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 12 days in a courtyard room which was great. Pool is a good size and usually quiet in the day time but gets busier in the evenings. Great location- close to a large grocery store and there was a few restaurants nearby. Also a brilliant location for the Thousand Oaks Mall which is a 5 minute drive away with a huge range of shops and restaurants.

Staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed the waffle machine at the breakfast however the other breakfast choices seemed pretty basic.

Weekdays appear to be much quieter than the weekends at this hotel. We did stay here whilst there seemed to be a large baseball function on which was quite loud and meant there was lots of kids around however the rest of our stay was fantastic and I would definitely revisit.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KendallMaree
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear KendallMaree,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is fantastic that you enjoyed your almost two week stay with us! We did have several teams stay with us over the last couple weeks. It was great to offer a place for the kids to cool off after multiple games in a day. More importantly, I am happy to see you were able to enjoy our amenities during you visit.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope you stay with us again during your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful day!

Thousand oaks
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was impressed by the lobby and the grounds were ok. But when I saw the building up close it was not what the website pictures portrayed. Filthy carpets and wrinkled sheets made me hesitant. It was awful. Motel 6 is prob cleaner and nicer.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 1Traveler14
PalmGardenManager, Front Office Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear 1Traveler14,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
It is great we were able to catch your eye at first. However, unfortunate we weren't able to follow through with a satisfying stay. I truly wish to apologize that our room was not up to your expectations and led to an unsatisfactory accommodation. We have been diligently working to replace worn carpet on our property.
On behalf of The Palm Garden Hotel and Brendan’s Irish Pub, thank you again for staying with us while visiting Thousand Oaks. We sincerely hope you consider joining us again during your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We always stay at the Palm Garden when we visit our family members who live in California. It is very quiet and peaceful place to stay a night or two. They have free wifi, a great restaurant and pub on site and breakfast was included in the rate. It is our go to hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Craig F,

Firstly, I want to thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor.com.
Thank you very much for being a faithful patron with us! It is always a pleasure to hear our guests enjoy all the aspects of our property. As a top contributor, we would love to hear what we can do in your opinion to exceed your already fantastic ratings. We truly take into consideration every guest's experience and opinion when looking towards future renovations and changes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Been to Palm Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!