“2nd great visit”

Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This was my second visit to Quality Inn Thousand Oaks. My first one in December 2012 was great. Each time I have spent over a week here. The road cycling around Thousand Oaks is amazing.
This hotel is the best value for money in Thousand Oaks, and is perfect training base for canyon rides. Refrigerator in the room! Laundry machines outside.
The rooms are a good size, kept very clean. The grounds are impeccable. The hot tub is very nice and clean. The pool although unheated, was great for cold immersions after the hot tub. My room had a new 37inch LCD TV. Another great perk about staying here is you get to use the Gold's Gym which is a 5 min walk away. Gold's Gym is a top notch facility that has it all, indoor pool that is about 20m long, steam, sauna, big gym...Free WiFi, breakfast. The front desk staff are great, very helpful. I'm coming back for sure. Generally the hotel is very quiet, sometimes you can hear noisy people next door, if people are disturbing you, call the front desk, they are great at keeping things quiet!

Room Tip: Facing the freeway might be a bit noisy for some.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew P

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Cool rooms, good- normal food. It's perfect if you go with just your wife and kid.
We went on last october with a friend and we stayed two nights. Then we traveled across many states and the last two nights we spent in the US we returned there.
The room they gave us was kind of dirty but as soon as we were complaining, they were changing us of room.
I'll do recommend this hotel in the beautiful city of Thousand Oaks, CA.

Room Tip: If you notice that some tiny detail is wrong about the room you just got, complain!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Affordable place to stay in Thousand Oaks. Convenient location right off the highway and close to restaurants and stores. Staff is friendly. Room is clean and quiet, although the carpet is very worn. Bathroom was spotless daily. Breakfast is a nice continental with a waffler. Pool looked nice but it was too chilly. Hot tub was clean had leaf residue on top so we didn't venture in. There was a guest laundry. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Very nice place to stay. Surprisingly attractive property. Clean and comfortable rooms. Great location near shopping and dining and convenient to the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County. Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the customer service by the assistant manager Ryan Faith.
One tip: Quality Inn pillows are on the small side so ask for an extra!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stay 10 nights in Dec. 2012, the staff are very helpful and friendly and did their best to get me a quiet room. The breakfasts are white flour and high fructose corn syrup on throw away styrofoam plates and plastic utensils. I had coffee and brought my own bread and spread, grabbed a few apples and oranges for later.
I found the freeway noise to be too loud if my bedroom window faced the freeway, I moved and my window faced the courtyard. very quiet and the water feature provide some nice "white noise". The rooms although dated, were good, beds comfortable, high thread count sheets, and I got used to the "half pillows". The standard of cleanliness in the rooms I thought was high. Although the carpets were nasty and should in my opinion should have been ripped out years ago! the location is very central. The hot tub and pool are very nice. The Gold's Gym in the Mall was fantastic. This place is good value, but the 100% Non Smoking is inaccurate for sure. When management has a big ashtray in the Gazebo in the courtyard (on the property), Is that encouraging smoking? Yes? That is in contravention of the Thousand Oaks municipal non smoking by law of 25 feet from rooms.A woman was smoking in the hot tub when I walked by, Saw plenty of smokers outside the rooms smoking on balconies, in the gazebo, even saw the maintenance man smoking on the back steps as I was trying to go down there with my bicycle.
It is still a good place to stay I think.

Room Tip: to avoid freeway noise, bedroom facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2012

MY ROOM HAS COCKROACHES. I saw and killed 3 roaches, one on the sink when i got up in the morning. I found a bug in the bed after I got up on the last day of my stay. Told the desk clerk on the first day but nothing was done. The bath fan did not work at all. Also found a mystery bug in the bed. Good breakfast and low prices don't make up for bugs. I an a choice privileges member and contacted them and I have received no response.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Mck5
Reviewed 6 November 2012

A wonderful property for the relative low price. Outside opening doors if you care. It is a bit older, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Kind of quaint to see a tube TV in a hotel room. Right on 101 and a quick drive to the beach and Reagan Library.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
TownePlace Suites Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Grand Vista Hotel
Grand Vista Hotel
#4 of 6 in Simi Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!