“Clean but needs an update”

Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
vancouver, bc
“Clean but needs an update”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am currently staying in this hotel for 3 nights (August 2014). I decided to pay a bit more for a patio, it turned out the patio is just a piece of slab with at plastic table and chairs. As for the room, it was okay but very small for two queen beds. The bathroom was extremely small and some areas where missing the wall trim. The bathroom also has a smell like sewage from the bathtub. Also, the plug for the bathtub was missing. I called the front desk and they weren't abel to find me one so I had to stuff a facecloth in the drain. The air conditioner does not work and only the fan which does not help because the room is quite muggy. The one bed (sheets) were stained with who knows what. The bed spread had some stains (looked like possible blood). As for the other guest some did look a bit shady. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Valby
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean. Good breakfast. Fast food nearby. I would stay here again. Quality inn is always a good stay. We used this to start our trip after arriving at lax. The city has the usual fast food places, gas and groceries. Not much more to say.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We found this motel at the last minute after a day in Malibu (in August 2013) as friends were in another hotel close by in Thousand Oaks.

The facility was very basic and old fashioned in its design and layout and so was probably a lot older than most.

We felt it was overpriced for the room and facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisparky
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am glad I paid attention to the reviews and I agree with most of them. The rooms were clean and good value for the money. I have to say I took my own pillow after seeing those little ones in the pictures. The staff was very accommodating and allowed us a late check out, enabling us to enjoy the facilities. The continental breakfast was what we expected, however the coffee was not very good. The only real negative was the noisy air conditioner the casing was broken and vibrated all night. The next time I would take an upstairs room so I could feel comfortable having the windows open. However, the patio idea is cute for sipping coffee in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have been there for two nights, as we decided to go to Thousand Oaks for a family getaway (with two small children, 3 and 4 years old). The room was the worse I have been in a very long time; besides the odd pillows, the smell from the tub was unbearable and the door couldn't be closed properly; we told that at the front desk, the lady was truly sorry but the hotel was fully booked (except one room upstairs, without a patio, and was already 10pm); she gave us two cinnamon bars to fight the smell, so I used all the towels to cover the sinks and placed the two cinnamon bars near our beds. "Lucky" for us we reserved a room with a patio: even tough you can not really call it a patio since it's just a plastic table and two chairs outside the sliding door that opens in the common garden, at least we could let our children stay out of the room all the time. Also fridge, AC and microwave were really old; fridge and AC very noisy too. Pool need to have the floor cleaned. On the bright side: staff is very polite and breakfast was good. For the price we paid I was expecting much more, I feel very bad having paid ~135$ per night to be in a very disappointing motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CiroDk

Travellers are raving about these Thousand Oaks hotels

Abita Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this inn on our drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco by the way of Pacific Coast Hwy. and found this hotel to be nice and comfortable. Room was clean, beds very comfortable, and all amenities provided in bath, with plenty of towels. Room had microwave, coffee maker with coffee and mini fridge. Fresh coffee and cookies available in lobby and hotel had wifi. The breakfast was pleasant and tasty which included eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, and yogurt. Good way to kick start the morning. Check in and check out was also a breeze with helpful and courteous staff. Price of room very affordable especially with AARP rate.

Room Tip: If you are not a Choice Privileges member, ask the front desk to sign you up to start earning points...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul L
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this hotel because my regular Hampton was sold out. To my surprise, I am happy with it.

The hotel is located inside business park so it is pretty quite and safe. The building itself is not new but well kept. See photos I posted here.

Lobby was nicely decorated. Front desk staff was helpful. In fact, we booked for Thurs check in and had to chance to Sunday. We called a day before and the front desk was able to adjust without giving us any hassle. We booked directly via choicehotel website.

Cookies and coffee are available all day at the lobby. Breakfast serves from 6-9:30am and has hot items (sausage, bacon) and boiled eggs. Also cereal, yogurt, bread, waffle, juice etc.. It was plentiful.

Room was clean except we don't like the air freshener smell they use in all Choice Hotels but we were able to open the window and let the air out quickly so no issue there. Love to have hair dryer and body lotions available in the bathroom which not all choice hotel has. Towels can use a bit of bleach to whiten a bit but overall they are clean, spotless, and no smell.

Room has coffee maker, microwave, and fridge. Air circulation was good and there is in-room air conditioning if you need to use.

Hotel ground was clean. Courtyard was nicely kept. There are Jacuzzi and swimming pool but we didn't use.

Easy access to major highways, and about 1 hour to downtown LA. Hotel staff are friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend time in the hotel, ask for room opening out to courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!